1900$ gone in 2 days FUCKKK

jerod187

well got my 4 mil from kevin with the new head and everything got the engine in it fired up did a few plug chops, it was a little rich but ok, well after 2nd day i was in about 4 th gear less then half throttle not even in the powerband and all of sudden the rear tires lock up, so take it apart today and right side piston cracked at the top abouthalf a centimetre and the piston rings are like wedged to the sides, so i really dont wanan spluit the cases or will i absolutely HAVE TO i just wanna bore it and new pistons would that be possible or know?

and i was running 340 mains, 32.5 pilots and needle in middle! so FUCK ME IM SO god damn fucking pissed off like so much money gone i just needed to let that out! sorry but like shittt

ya i can understand that but u got something to show for it lol im just hooped,

That's not true! You still have a good set of ported jugs and a 4 mil crank. Your only out a couple hundred bucks for a new top end. (Unless something else is wrong).

Just trying to point out the "bright side of things". I went through a couple of sets of pistons on my 4 mil before we got it right also. Sometimes things just work like that. Anything can be fixed, it is just a matter of time and money.

Good luck!

SP

I'm here to support you. We need to find out why this happened. Sounds like it was lean. Like I wrote in the email, pictures would be great. I can get new pistons out to you but you don't want to just throw it back together without figuring out the problem that caused this. It will just happen again. I have been here with multiple customers. Sorry this happened to you. We can find the problem and fix it. We always do.

I had the same thing happen to me. I put the cub together and took it out once. Rode about 20 mins and it locked up. Cost to repair was under $200.

I did the wrenching myself and I have decided that I did not get the ring gap right. I honed the cylinder and installed the new piston.

Everything is good now. I keep the piston with the stuck rings as a paperweight to remind me to not get in hurry and double check everything.

Stick with Kevin, he will get up and going in no time at minimal cost. Just be sure you know what went wrong before you put it back together.

Rick