Bought a blown up Shee need advice

I bought this banshee and the guy doesnt know where the paper work is for it. It is supposed to have a racing crank in it. How could I tell from the crank or the pistons what kind of pistons I need to buy. Anouther thing is I have shavings in the bottom of the lower 1/2 How much does it usually run for a shop to clean this out? I will have the motor pulled. How hard is it to do it yourself? I downloaded the clymers manual! Also how hard is it to have the crank checked with it? I dont want alot of money into this motor because it is just as easy to buy a motor from someone that is already built. But if I fix it I want it to be good for awhile. Here are some pictures of the piston. The jugs are off now but this is when they were on.

CameraPictures008-1.jpg

CameraPictures006-1.jpg

CameraPictures005-1.jpg

CameraPictures002-1.jpg

Edited by vortechblown306

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to split the cases and inspect the crank and bearing anyway plus the shavings can ruin a rubber seal pretty fast causing a air leak and another blown up motor. As far as shavings in the carbs just take them apart and inspect them and clean it all out most likely there is no damage. Just pick you favorite builder and send it to him.

So I probably cant get away with using kerosene and tipping the bike over and dumping it out or letting it drain out of drain plug? I dont know I just want to go the cheapest waY IS THAT YOUR SISTER LOL

the drain plug is only for the trans oil. you will have to just have to split the cases and flush the crank bearings and crank case out then, and inpsect bearings for damage. then get new crank seals and reseal the cases with some threebond 1194.

that chick is just fuckin smokin hot!!

Edited by mopar1rules

hey vortechblown306, i forgot to ask you where you were able to find/download the clymer manual for the banshees?

you can find it on here...........thats where we got ours...but as for the cheaps build do it your self My son did ours in school last year price in parts for a total tear down rebuild and parts under 2k.

you can find it on here...........thats where we got ours...but as for the cheaps build do it your self My son did ours in school last year price in parts for a total tear down rebuild and parts under 2k.

the manual that's on this site for download is the yamaha manual. i want the clymer manual. i sure hope your son was able to rebuild your banshee engine for under 2k....you can buy a whole banshee for 2k. :biggrin:

the manual that's on this site for download is the yamaha manual. i want the clymer manual. i sure hope your son was able to rebuild your banshee engine for under 2k....you can buy a whole banshee for 2k. :biggrin:

when i said under 2k that was complete rebuild on motor and trans with a lot of parts that was worn out in the tranny...carbs..and plastics.. just top end bore and pistons and gaskets 500..

Yes I did download the manual! I also was wondering what do you clean it with? Does it need to be in a dunk tank? I have heard of people tipping the bike over and using parts cleaner and some other stuff and dumping it out. Is that a good enough fix or what I dont want have to do more than what I need to to get this running. Thanks for the info!!

Shawn

You should just sell it now. Cheap and Banshee dont get along real well.

josh

+every penny left in my banshee fund = a few

and PM NitroTate he made a COMPLETE teardown and rebuild dvd and is selling them to anyone who wants one, its money WELL spent. for a beginner. and it will save thousands of dollars on shop labor.

EDIT: http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...c=97770&hl=

Edited by LS1Inferno