CRJ Temp Gauge

I"m setting the thread up to tell everyone not to waste their money on the CRJ temp gauge. At least not until they fix the problem. Every time I would start up my 'shee the display would shut off after 140 degrees Fahrenheit and wouldn't turn back on for about another 24 hours. I held it in my hand thinking it was a vibration issue and still the same thing happened. This is the third gauge they sent me. What other companies out there make a good one? I heard Trailtech makes a good one.

I"m setting the thread up to tell everyone not to waste their money on the CRJ temp gauge. At least not until they fix the problem. Every time I would start up my 'shee the display would shut off after 140 degrees Fahrenheit and wouldn't turn back on for about another 24 hours. I held it in my hand thinking it was a vibration issue and still the same thing happened. This is the third gauge they sent me. What other companies out there make a good one? I heard Trailtech makes a good one.

I bought one a while back, and used it with the same results. I put a new battery in and sandwiched it as hard as i could to the back of the temp gauge... been fine since

I have a trail tech vapor.

It has engine temp, air temp, Temp waring light (orange) Overheat light (Red) The two lights are programable.

RPM. RPM Shift light, (orange flashing light) Over Rev light (Red Flashing) lights are programable

Speedo, Average Speed, Max Speed. Total Acumulated Ride time (hr meter) Ride time, Odometer, Trip odometer time

It runs right off the stator with battery backup.

I havent gotten to try it out yet because my banshee is down with out a stator. It should work sweet though. I did also buy the billit aluminum bar clamp protector.

This is my last resort. I have tried all types of temp gauges. The Mechanical ones all fail because the vibration tears them up. I had an electric one. The voltage regulator came un pluged and smoked the gaugs. I was going to try an autometer mechanical liquid filled gauge but it was going to be to big and gody looking.

I have a trail tech endurance on my raptor and it is still going strong 4 years later.

The trail tech Lynix has an engine temp but no RPM. The Vapor cost a little more but it is worth it for the features you get.

josh

I think this is the same one I bought. 1" x 2" dispay in an aluminum frame, handlebar mount? In line thromocouple for monitoring?

I know mine quit working due to vibration. I have redone the battery connections and still can't get it to "stay" working while riding the bike. I can always get it to work again, but it soon loses the connection with the battery and stops.

Not happy with the item at all.

SP

What do you mean by "sandwiched it as hard as you could"?

I took the backing off the battery, and then i shoved as much paper towel behind the battery to keep it foward into the prongs, and then some on top of it to hold the battery still. They are good gauges, but i wish they could have been made so we could splice the power of the bike into the gauge itself. Something i want to look into, see if its possible.

The thin plastic grove the battery cover slides under to secure the battery get streched out easy. Mine quit working after one day. I broke the plastic grooves out and hot melt glued the battery cover on. Been working for 20+ hours of hard woods riding since. Shouldnt be to bad stripping out the glue once a yeat to change the battery

• 3 months later...
i wish they could have been made so we could splice the power of the bike into the gauge itself. Something i want to look into, see if its possible.

I wouldn't try it right to a power source, if you did. Since it runs off a watch battery, it should be about 1.5 volts. If you did it, you would need a voltage regulator, bringing it down to that voltage. You would probably also need to convert the bike to DC, and add a battery. I would be willing to bet that if you left it like it is, the LCD would blink when you're idiling, if it would work at all since it's AC power. Just a couple of thoughts.

I sell trail tech vapors.... I had NOTHING but problems with them, I'm telling you I have my 3rd on the bike, I replaced like 100s of speedo "cables" for customers and a few computers, you have to run "R" plugs!! The next step to my vapor is ripping it of my bike!!!!

It does have awesome functions, tach is not very accurate but its cool.. I mainly run it for the temp gauge part!!

Edited by 2strokespirit