Ricky Stator JUNK

dajogejr

Well...second stator bad in 2 years. This was a warranty replacement from the one I bought in 06...that was warrantied almost to the day last year.

Made 5 or 6 passes Thursday, made 2-3 passes Friday and it died. Missed my qualifying runs, got it done just in time to race...

Luckily I had a spare OEM Stator from NYUK..

I'm not going to even bother to get a replacement. I'm going to get another OEM stator as a backup, a billet plate from Chariot...and I'll put up my RS Stator plate cheap.

(Please don't PM about the plate, it'll be a few weeks and I'll post it for sale...:) )

Never Again will I buy another piece of RS crap.

Is it for sale yet??? :yelrotflmao: I know, you don't have to say it...

I spent the $80 or so on a billet plate just because I refused to give them any money. I heard and read too many stories like this one. :verymad: I as well will only use the OEM stator until/if something better comes along.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running an RS I bought back in '04. That's before things went to shit, so I hope I'm OK.

I had two RS stators go bad on me in the last three years.......... I actually talked my way through to their lead tech/engineer guy, who I pretty much hung up on. The company seems to project an interesting idea of what bad........ broken windings to me would seem like a key indication you have a problem.

Anyway, OEM or Rick's Stators (different company etirely) seem to be a good way to go. :thumbsup:

SO YOUR TELLING ME I SHOULD TAKE OFF MY RS STATOR NOW!! JUST KIDDING

i had a rs stator go bad on me once... it was when i first got the bike. was at glamis at night with new trailtechs and all of sudden i get no power and jolting like crazy with the lights dimming. luckily my buddy's 4 poke tractor'ed me back to camp. i got a replacement and it seems to be running okay. But what ill do is dig up my oem in a box somewhere in my garage and put it back on before i get my cub built. there is no way in hell im taking a risk like that after i dump some more money into the shee.

i got a phone call in response to my email i sent them, i have to say for as bad as their products are, their customer service is #1. They definitely want to make things right for the customer. If they could just get their products to be as good as they were 5-8 years ago, i would buy whatever i could from them. Whoever convinced them to have all their shit made in Taiwan should be shot, its going to put them out of business. I would easily be willing to pay more for a quality product that is reliable

Their customer service is great. I showed them a line on my banking statement from June of 06 when I purchased my original one, sent it in with my stator last year, I had a new one in less than a week. No questions asked.

However, it's just not a practice I want to continue....especially since there is OEMs from 1987 still going, and going....

That's why i bought one from Chariot. Shayne said he would never pay that money cause you never see it but it's the thought in your head you have a strong stator. I actually ordered one today for when i get my motor back.

Sucks that happened to you Dave, shit like that always seems to fuck up at the times where you don't want them to.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-606...sspagenameZWDVW

Chariot is in my backyard, that's one of my next purchases. I already have a nicer, newer stator on the way thanks to Utleybanshee...I'll get all new stainless hardware to hold it in place as well...

Your not lying, i hate oem screws and bolts there junk. I couldn't tell you how many i've broke or buddies broke.

Yet another victim of the RS piece of shit. Send it back to them. They must have something really fucked up because all of us have the same problems. FWIW, I sent my first one back due to the same problem. The replacement they sent me lasted 6 months (3 trips to the dunes) and started doing it again. Im going to get it warrantied and sell it new on EBAY

After reading this i am rethinking going with the 200w ricky stator for my DC conversion.

I need a higher rated stator to pull that off. Who makes a reliable high powered stator?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moose-Yamah...Q2em118Q2el1247

Moose chinese junk too?

FWIW my 88 still has the factory stator and so does the wifes bike, they run great. But DC powered lights would be great at the dunes at night.