building a sleeper

Hello I need some advice I went to kick my banshee over 2 days after the last ride in my garage and my crank siezed - I'm not surprised it got hot a few times on my vacation in the dunes but I couldn't stop spanking 450's all day long so anyways

Right now I have all the mods done that are in my sig. My bike worked really really good in the dunes. It was kicking ass. I like to keep the motor looking stock because I like the sleeper look. I ordered a cold fusion wet kit I am going to go with a 15-20 shot and keep everything very well hidden. I don't want a chromed up billet banshee if I can help it I like telling everyone it's all stock with pipes.

I have ported cylinders, shaved head, it's bored out 65.75 mm over now with wiseco pro-lites. I run stock reeds, reed spacers, stock carbs with pods and fmf fatty's and powercore 2 silencers. I put a hot rods stock stroke crank in last spring. I have tried boyesen reeds and vforce deltas call me crazy but I like my stock reed cages I am wide open 99% of the time anyways and my reed spacers are black so they're hard to spot.

I called my parts guy and I ordered a hot rods 4MM stroker crank (5mm longrod) with the spacer plate and gasket kit. Also I ordered hot rods 66.5mm pistons with shorter skirts (for the stroker).

Now I need to clarify some things - I have read you can run a stroker without a spacer plate but you need either a cool head with special domes or cut the domes on the stock head. Also I read somewhere that after your stock stroke jugs have been ported they cannot be ported to a 4 mil. I would like to keep my stock head and have my domes cut I think the machine shop I use can do it if it's possible. If I have to I will buy a black cool head.

Also I am going to run into cooling issues. What can I do to make my bike run cooler - I am going to install a small battery and a rectifier to convert the ac stator power to DC power and charge my battery with it and put a fan on my rad that way if anyone asks about the battery or wires I can say it's for my fan. I also ordered a billet high flow impeller for my water pump. Would an aftermarket rad help?

I ordered dual purges for my nitrous kit and I plan on putting the purges behind my rad to cool it off. I'll just say it's overheating and blowing antifreeze out.

I want to do this right the first time I'm not worried about the nos install I don't think I'll use it much anyways just in case, but I need to cool my bike down and get the most power out of the stroker kit.

Well, you will need to run a spacer plate if your cylinders are already ported for a stock stroke. Running offset domes with no spacer plate would screw up the port timings and it would run, but who knows how well...

Also do yourself a favor and let someone who knows banshees do your machine work. A lot of "local shops" do good work but there's more to it than hacking some material out of the domes.

If you decide to go with offset domes and get a different set of cylinders ported for a 4mil, you will need to decide what kind of fuel you're going to run, what PSI you want, then measure your deck height with everything installed and give those measurements to your dome builder. Most builders can get you close without measuring the deck height, but it's a good idea. The size of the bowl in the dome, the squish (clearance btw dome and piston), and squish angle all affect what compression you will be at and ultimately how the bike will run. Local machine shops don't have a clue about stuff like that.

Nitrous isn't going to cool your bike down either, that's a big misconception...

i'd say sell your drag cylinders you have now and get you a set of unported stocker.get them drag ported for a 4mil,don't run the nos,just put it on alky.have your stock head cut for the 4mil so you don't have to run the spacer plate.kevin did my motor last yr and to look at it minus the carbs it looked bone stock but made about 90 hp

i have what you need they are stock cylinders with a triple exhaust port hidden inside with port jod with a 4 mill kit and 34pjs it was making an honest 60 horses with 25cc domes domes i would send some pics but the are off gettind bored right now

Edited by sheeman101

i have what you need they are stock cylinders with a triple exhaust port hidden inside with port jod with a 4 mill kit and 34pjs it was making an honest 60 horses with 25cc domes domes i would send some pics but the are off gettind bored right now

25cc domes are HUGE, any special reason for that? And I figured you'd get more than 60hp out of a 4mil triple port, who did the work?

25cc domes are HUGE, any special reason for that? And I figured you'd get more than 60hp out of a 4mil triple port, who did the work?

your right if i payed all the money for a tripple exhaust port i would be hoping for more then 60hp

i'd say sell your drag cylinders you have now and get you a set of unported stocker.get them drag ported for a 4mil,don't run the nos,just put it on alky.have your stock head cut for the 4mil so you don't have to run the spacer plate.kevin did my motor last yr and to look at it minus the carbs it looked bone stock but made about 90 hp

cosign

Can he mill the stock carbs to 28or30

cosign

Can he mill the stock carbs to 28or30

i bought the motor all ready built trying to get to snake hunt last year and had it on the dyno just before we left didn't know what it had at the time but the motor not a cub its the old school port job some guy in kansas did years agoand the dyno it was on is set tight alot of people bitch about there numbers they post but phil would rather try to get real world numbers not corrected numbers