Kansas

BigRed350x

lol..

hammer.. we had to drive to gering neb, when i was 15 for baseball... u arent kiddin. that placed sucked !!! lol

and loco... i grew up in mo and lived there 22 years... mo's highways suck.. i think i-70 ia top 5 in us for most crappy highway...

these roads in texas are great... the shoulder is like a extra lane.. and most of the old people drive on the shoulder for u...

if not... well i ll pass them on the shoulder..lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and loco... i grew up in mo and lived there 22 years... mo's highways suck.. i think i-70 ia top 5 in us for most crappy highway...

dude, no shit.. these highways here suck dick. fuckin state doesnt build them right. then every couple years they end up having to resurface them. waste of money..

I think everyone sucks at driving :biggrin: , missouri roads blow fucking ass. I'd say the most boring places I have driven through is I-40 from Oklahoma City to Vegas, everything in between sucks ass. That's alot worse than Kansas.

Thank God somebody finally said it.

Between old farts who can't see past the steering wheel and kids just learning to drive, I trust the kids 10x more than I trust the old farts. They run red lights, they pull out in front of you and drive 5MPH in 35MPH zones, they don't use turn signals... they're a fucking nightmare behind the wheel of a car.

I know I should respect my elders, but when they've caused me so many scares and close calls on the highway, I have a damn hard time respecting their right to drive a car.

By the way, if you guys hate Kansas, don't ever come to Nebraska. Whatever bad things Kansas has, Nebraska has much worse.

C'mon, Nebraska ain't that bad. Well maybe. I haven't been back for a while so it might be. But it's no Iowa (Idiots Out Wandering Around). Where I grew up our cop (yes 1 cop) would pull over people from Iowa just because of the plates, say they were doing 21 in a 20 and let them go with a warning most of the time. Basically he wanted them out of town and it was funny as shit. We would just sit on our trucks downtown and drink shitty beer all night long.

east of I 135 is the only part to be in. western ks is no mans land boring and nothing but pastures and almost a desert anymore. oh and packing houses and feedlots.

what part of ks did you go to jared???

gregrob and I went from the colorado border all the way across the state to Kansas City. It does get bette (view) as you go east, but holy crap your guys' heat and humidity is just retarded. I get out and ride at our dunes when its over 100 degrees and I'm perfectly fine. It was like 80 and humid as hell and I sweat to god I was going to keel over and die. I probably lost 10lbs in sweat. I'm not used to that!

The old people drivers didn't make it much more desireable to be there. I had my 9mm in my hand a couple times wanting to remove the problem. haha! j/k I did have it with me though and it was tough to overlook the temptation to use it.

I agree with you, there is nothing to listen to here in WY. XM is definitely a necessity. (sp?) But man, at least anywhere you go in wyoming you will see mountains and trees and some kind of change of scenery every couple hours. Even on the west side of the state. The western side of KS I saw.... nothing. For 6 hours I saw nothing. A windmill was the highlight of the trip. Then just before you get to Kansas City you see some hills and a lot of stagnant nasty water and tree cover so dense you can't see through it.

Granted, every state has its ups and downs. I will just say that I was more than overjoyed to be back to colorado and wyoming, where when I open my window at 75mph the air coming in is cool. I didn't enjoy feeling like I needed a shower every hour while I was in KS.

LOL

I guess you will not be volunteering to go next time I'm headed back east???

Thanks for goin out, was not that bad of a trip other than the boringness and filthy humid bug ridden climate already mentioned.

Here are some pics.

The Beast

IMG00170.jpg

Side

IMG00171.jpg

Direct Drive Lockup

IMG00167.jpg

Trusty Co Driver LOL

IMG00160.jpg

...and boring ass Kansas

IMG00161.jpg

Edited by gregrob

sweet bike !!! i would have made that trip for that bike !!

if u want humidity, cmon down to texas... there isnt even a breeze here.. im from missouri and i remember days it was hard to shut the door because of the wind.... in texas.. people have ceiling fans out side on thier porchs just to make a breeze.. that sucks.

and dont get me started on these damn fire ants !!!!!!

i take it you bought kurts aka strokr1banshee bike looks like it.

yeah northern ks is that great have to get down south where i live it pleny of hills and trees. honestly the state has a lot of variaty but some awful stuff like everything else.

its humid but nothing compared to alabama or louisania talk about awful humidity

i take it you bought kurts aka strokr1banshee bike looks like it.

yeah northern ks is that great have to get down south where i live it pleny of hills and trees. honestly the state has a lot of variaty but some awful stuff like everything else.

its humid but nothing compared to alabama or louisania talk about awful humidity

Yep, that's kurt's machine. Traded him my King Quad 700 4x4 for it. He's gonna have a lot more fun on a machine like that where he lives. He can tow his boat down to the river to fish, hit up some mud, etc etc.

...and I'll probably have a tad of fun on the banshee out here in the sand :D

Yep, that's kurt's machine. Traded him my King Quad 700 4x4 for it. He's gonna have a lot more fun on a machine like that where he lives. He can tow his boat down to the river to fish, hit up some mud, etc etc.

...and I'll probably have a tad of fun on the banshee out here in the sand :D

Oh you will have a blast with that bike.

It runs hard for sure.