HELP!Damn banshee wont beat 535cc quadzilla

2000twin

Wow!!! With 610 registered members and everything!!! Between all 610 members, thats enough spare parts to keep what like 10 or 11 bikes in full running condition? LOL :yelrotflmao: ha ha!!!

Banshee's rule...

Get some lasik.........

There's over 1200 members and the site has only been up for 9 months, not 9 years.

No one is talking shiz over here...........except you.

Like it or not, the Zilla and Banshee are "2-stroke cousins" in todays world of nothing but 4-pokes everywhere you look.

JJBD

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suzuki and yamaha are cousins. that is the dumbest fucking thing i ever heard. The fact is that this is a banshee forum. if your here to defend a bike other a banshee let alone not a Yamaha i think you need to go to a forum that will except that bullshit. yea, its a quad. you can ride it and have a jolly old time thats good. we all need to ride, but how the fuck can yous come to a banshee forum one that you joined for the banshee to defend a crapzilla. as for DRq, i dont give to shits what he can do to them bikes. I dont buy junk.

Just my opinion.

Like it or not, the Zilla and Banshee are "2-stroke cousins" in todays world of nothing but 4-pokes everywhere you look.

JJBD

Don't really want to get involved in the s@#$ throwing. But, I'll have to agree, times are changin fast and fact is everywhere you go two strokes in general are becoming more and more rare. I remember just a couple of years ago, that all you saw at the dunes was 2-strokes. But, my last trip to the hill there were hundreds of 4-strokes and only a handfull of 2-strokes.

But, the "80's tech" and "only built zilla's for 4 years" arguments don't fly with me. Granted, the banshee may have been in production for 19 years but only had very minor improvements done along the way(j-arm to a-arm, ignition and brake light). It's not like Yamaha spent 20 years updating them, so they are basically 80's tech themselves. Fact is that there are some very bad zilla's out there, but it takes a whole lot more skill to get the power out of them. Everything is more available for the banshee and they lend themselves better to modification.

I think most of this post is stupid on so many levels... how can you compare a zilla and a shee? they are so different. and, why compare quads that dont have the same modds. if you really wanna race, take 2 bone stock quads, as desinged, and race.....otherwise if ur gunna modd them. have the same guy do the same style work to each one. make it fair.

having a full dr q bike vs a full on shee made by differnt ppl with totaly differnt style parts, doesnt compare much. thats like racing a honda civic vs a dually powerstroke....totally differnt animals. yeh they may do bout the same in the 1/4 mile...but they are not at all alike.

i have seen a few fast zillas, and thats cool. i also have seen alot of them break....all quads that get ridden hard will break at sum point. simple fact!

as to the zilla guys coming on our forum and eggin sum guys on...thats just dumb. as to the ignorant HQ members that think their shee is god.....shut up.

im sure mine could spank urs if i dumped a shit load of money into it too...the point is...each person has their own style and will make thier quad thier own. so why do you have to knock it? would it be cool if ever banshee out there was built exactly like urs by the exact same person? NO! thats wat makes it fun to race and ride with freinds...we all have our own riding terrrain and style....so let it be.

you dont see any guys in here braggin their mx or tt shee will kick a zillas ass in a drag race....but im sure it will on the track it was setup for. personally i find straight line racing fun for a bout 3 races.....then i like to jump, ride in the woods and everything else. so no, my quad is not the shit compared to 95% of you guys...but it does what i designed it to do, it runs good, and it starts...and i dont have much money into it.

but like it was said......2 strokes are dissappearing.....so why not stick together and beat all these lame ass 4pokes?

2 strokes forever! :biggrin:

I think most of this post is stupid on so many levels... how can you compare a zilla and a shee? they are so different. and, why compare quads that dont have the same modds. if you really wanna race, take 2 bone stock quads, as desinged, and race.....otherwise if ur gunna modd them. have the same guy do the same style work to each one. make it fair.

having a full dr q bike vs a full on shee made by differnt ppl with totaly differnt style parts, doesnt compare much. thats like racing a honda civic vs a dually powerstroke....totally differnt animals. yeh they may do bout the same in the 1/4 mile...but they are not at all alike.

i have seen a few fast zillas, and thats cool. i also have seen alot of them break....all quads that get ridden hard will break at sum point. simple fact!

as to the zilla guys coming on our forum and eggin sum guys on...thats just dumb. as to the ignorant HQ members that think their shee is god.....shut up.

im sure mine could spank urs if i dumped a shit load of money into it too...the point is...each person has their own style and will make thier quad thier own. so why do you have to knock it? would it be cool if ever banshee out there was built exactly like urs by the exact same person? NO! thats wat makes it fun to race and ride with freinds...we all have our own riding terrrain and style....so let it be.

you dont see any guys in here braggin their mx or tt shee will kick a zillas ass in a drag race....but im sure it will on the track it was setup for. personally i find straight line racing fun for a bout 3 races.....then i like to jump, ride in the woods and everything else. so no, my quad is not the shit compared to 95% of you guys...but it does what i designed it to do, it runs good, and it starts...and i dont have much money into it.

but like it was said......2 strokes are dissappearing.....so why not stick together and beat all these lame ass 4pokes?

2 strokes forever! :biggrin:

I'd rather ride with shee's or some hot chicks on blasters... :down: to da zilla's

Here is a DrQ Dune ported Zilla Vs. a 565 shee.

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/dia...nt=bobwill1.flv

Here is another video of a 87 zilla w/ a mild DrQ porting vs. a drag banshee of some kind he wouldn't say what he had done to it but its far from stock he did say he had run 6.5 in the 500 feet at 89 mph. The zilla wins but it took it all. the round haybail was 500 feet at the end

No offense, but that video isn't impressive to me... Sure zillas can be made to run, and Dr. Q. can sure make 'em go...but when you start getting into bigger motors with aftermarket cylinders on the shee, the zilla will be a ways back.

If that banshee in the first video is a 565 (more than likely 10 mil cheetah with a 75 bore) it is either running like shit, isn't set up right or the guy can't ride.

My smaller motor (465) would destroy that bike and there is nothing special done to mine. Bolt together motor.

I'm not trying to say 500's can't run, they can... and although this is banshee hq...hey, we're all in this for the love of the sport.

I'm just saying...you took a random video that doesn't mean anything...against a poorly setup or poorly ridden 565 banshee (if that is in fact what it was)...

I know of several 350 banshee motors that would have no problem taking that thing down.

i say banshee's are great if you like them...

i want to run against a stock banshee...vs a zilla...just to see the outcome

but like Broncoshee said...you can't compare really...

and i think the guy that started this thread sold his banshee and bought a Quadzilla :biggrin:

look at that.....a zilla guy backs my opinion...lol. does that mean im actually right for once? i should write this day down

• 1 month later...

Guess what all you thick headed arrogant idiots? Thats right, its another Zilla owner. Ive been hearing about a thread thats been making banshee owners cry, and the rumors are true! Maybe I should go call a "wambulance" for all of you crybabies......

The truth is I dont own a Q'd LT and as a matter of fact Ive never even rode nor seen one. But what I do know is a stock zilla will beat a ported and piped shee!!! There are plenty of banshees where I ride and Ive taken most of them out, especially stock ones!!!! My cousin rides a newer banshee with the pipes and ports and whatever else, he weighs 160lbs. and he can ride his ass off (racing since he was 14 and now 32), my fat ass weighs 210lbs. and he still eats my sand on the straight or track or hill!!!!!

Banshees are fast. And ill take one over a 4poke any day, but the bigger engine craps on it. Engineering flaws suck, but race gas and some regular TLC and ive never blown anything :cool: Now if your still confused or upset go see a psyciatrist and tell him you need the good stuff :biggrin:

Guess what all you thick headed arrogant idiots? Thats right, its another Zilla owner. Ive been hearing about a thread thats been making banshee owners cry, and the rumors are true! Maybe I should go call a "wambulance" for all of you crybabies......

The truth is I dont own a Q'd LT and as a matter of fact Ive never even rode nor seen one. But what I do know is a stock zilla will beat a ported and piped shee!!! There are plenty of banshees where I ride and Ive taken most of them out, especially stock ones!!!! My cousin rides a newer banshee with the pipes and ports and whatever else, he weighs 160lbs. and he can ride his ass off (racing since he was 14 and now 32), my fat ass weighs 210lbs. and he still eats my sand on the straight or track or hill!!!!!

Banshees are fast. And ill take one over a 4poke any day, but the bigger engine craps on it. Engineering flaws suck, but race gas and some regular TLC and ive never blown anything :cool: Now if your still confused or upset go see a psyciatrist and tell him you need the good stuff :biggrin:

If your talking about a drag race...you, sir are an idiot. Flat track, TT, whatever else, I really don't have an opinion.

BTW, good to know that your buddies banshee has ports.

Please go do us all a favor and hang yourself with your underwear....Go back to suzukiforum or w/e you came from dork

lol.what kinda rocks are smoking? its obvious that the banshees that u ride with probably have a trail port of some sort done by "joe blo" backed up by some fmfs or pro circuits lol

hell yea ill agree a piped zilla is pretty damn quick.and for that matter some piped 4 strokes move pretty good too.but i find it hard to believe a stock,piped zilla is gonna whoop on a 10mil,7mil,or even a 4mil lol.

hey.i might be wrong,maybe youre just a bad ass rider and them other "banshee" owners dont know the difference.

i recall last year i was on the ice,a guy with a stock, piped zilla ran me a few times.my stock drag ported cylinder on pump gas,stock stroked,stock tranny,handed him his ass quite a few times.dont get me wrong,i missed a gear here and there and lost a couple lol.but fact is is when the powerband kicked in and i shot off like a frickin rocket,he was getting pelted by chunks of ice..maybe it was just better studded tires i had,maybe im just a better rider than him, or maybe a stock,piped zilla couldnt keep up.

Now maybe u and i just got a few lucky breaks by mopping up some shitty running quads.ive never ran a zilla at the dunes.i just dont go to the dunes enough to run them but there probably isnt many to run against around here.ive seen one run at the dunes and what a sorry sight to see.he didnt have to much for bragging rights

so good luck at your next race against a "ported" banshee :yelrotflmao:

If your talking about a drag race...you, sir are an idiot. Flat track, TT, whatever else, I really don't have an opinion.

BTW, good to know that your buddies banshee has ports.

You know what I meen(ports). I love to c how mad u get when given the facts. I have nothing to prove, I know what happens in a race. I hear all these stories but ive never actually seen anything. Every vid ive ever seen online shows the banshee in the back. :thanks:

Like i said the shee is a great bike and they can take a beating but the zilla stock to stock is faster. I'll try not to piss you off anymore. I was just joking in my first post, just trying to keep this thread going.........

Dont be mad :beer:

PORTS,PORTS,PORTS,PORTS,PORTS,PORTS