HELP!Damn banshee wont beat 535cc quadzilla

2000twin

You must excuse Felix. He is bitter because he chose the wrong builder to go with. So stuff did not work right. When he did find the right builder he was seeing what we could get out of the Banshee for about half the price. It was a good LT 500 but it has its limits. He wanted more and the LT just did not offer it.

Couldnt be more wrong Kev...I'm not bitter...

I Chose the wrong Quad to begin with! :biggrin: You knew that... :thumbsup:

The LT takes way too much $$$ and custom parts to get it to run with the Banshee...it doesnt matter who built it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yes there isn't as many parts out there for the 500...built how many years? 4 years

the banshee....100 years...ok alot

if the 500 was around as long as the banshee....the banshee wouldn't be around :biggrin:

how does it cost more?

that 535 zilla that beat jj has the same amount in it as the banshee? Right Cris...

and look...

sorry...i'll stop

this topic is a never ending battle...love my quad

honduki001.jpg

I think the point is the 500 needs a lot of work from factory flaws and defects. Dr. Q has them pretty down pat and makes a good bike.

Dollar for dollar, you can't beat a banshee.

You can't use the age or years produced as an excuse.

Up until a few years ago (the start of the 450 4 poke era) you were either on a Honda 250R or you got beat for MX, cross country, GNCC, etc.

And they were made for 4 years...and it's been almost 20 since the last one rolled off the line.

I think the point is the 500 needs a lot of work from factory flaws and defects. Dr. Q has them pretty down pat and makes a good bike.

Up until a few years ago (the start of the 450 4 poke era) you were either on a Honda 250R or you got beat for MX, cross country, GNCC, etc.

And they were made for 4 years...and it's been almost 20 since the last one rolled off the line.

some 450's are a let down as well...

i have a built 440 motor and runs right with those guys

but hey...wish gas was cheaper because i want to ride!

exactly my point! well said...

The LT takes way too much $$$ and custom parts to get it to run with the Banshee...it doesnt matter who built it.

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ..........

When you get THE WRONG builder it doesn't matter what parts are in a Zilla, you will be unhappy.

Come to Glamis w/your Banshee and I will be glad to show you several REAL Q-motors (not a counterfit "Rx") and how they run.........

We had 3 QHQ outings this year at Glamis and out of 12 days riding and over 60-70 Zillas, NOT a single motor failure...................HELLO....................

That's even better than I would have ever guessed and only about half had Q-motors.

A Q-pipe, V-2 reeds, Rx clutch springs, gaskets and replacement series Wiseco piston are ALL the aftermarket parts in most HRD 540s...................

Stock stroke, rod, crank, head, sleeve, etc..........even the carb.......

Simply re-worked to Q-specs.........

Mid 80s horsepower, almost 60 ft lb torque, pulls right off the bottom, overrevs past 9K and runs all day...every day.

I know you are frustrated by your lack of success in your Zilla................a very nice bike and a very good effort...........except some of the motor builder choices.........

You can't run a 53cc dome @.035 squish and expect it to live. (I got that info from the guy that bought your parts)

If I was you I would probably have felt that way too.....no hard feelings.

Are Zillas a slow, unreliable, POS ???????

Many are, but NONE of mine are........ and take no prisoners out in the dunes at Glamis........ask ANYONE.

I personally like the sound of the Banshee motors and they make an awesome drag bike w/all the aftermarket parts/builders/support BUT 99.9 percent of the people who have ATVs don't have an alky, override, 12 over swinger, drag piped bike they ride.....

This post is actually just a pretty funny case of someone continously running their mouth getting their azz handed to them over and over......

I hope soon to have pics here of my TZ750 Shee "TZunamii" back together raised from the grave.......

Yeh.........it's what's left of the one that was in all the magazines and won KOTH at Glamis and Sand Mountain "back in the day".....now over 800CC, on alky/NOS w/an updated "hybrid" OE chassis.

That and the Gamma Zilla are two extremely rare factory 4cyl, 2-stroke quads that I searched for many years to get my hands on.

The sound of a 4 cylinder, 2 stroke w/drag pipes is something you have to experience at least once in your life.

See..........Zilla guys aren't so bad.........

Some even own argueably the rarest/baddest Shee ever built.

JJBD

Edited by JJSBADDREAM