2001 660 R Raptor?

just my .02c , but i would not touch it due to the transmission problems. the 01 was notorious for having to replace the tranny. Alot of poeple write about this problem on raptor.com. when i was shopping for a quad my decision can down to a 01 raptor with some good mods, but with some research i now own and love my 98.

I have heard quite a bit about people having transmission problems with the '01.

Mine always done fine.Guess it may just be a gamble whether they tear up or not.

A pipe and K&N will help but just have to make sure the jetting is right as with all carb. equipped quads.

A friend of mine in Chicago has an '01 Raptor and it blew the tranny again. First time was second gear and now fourth gear is gone. I just heard from him yesterday after not talking in a while so the tranny was news to me. After looking into it the '01s are plagued with tranny issues from faulty shift hubs to poor main shaft gears. Beware of them is all I am saying.

It only cost around 500 to put the 02 and up transmission in. Since everyone is scared of the 01's pick one up for cheap and do the upgrade before it goes out.

One of my riding buddys has a 01 Raptor with Hot Rods 720cc stroker kit with 39mm fcr's and it is holding together fine.

My Nephew has an '01, he bought it used and the guy that sold it to him said that it had had the transmission upgrade done. We put a Yoshi full exhaust on it recently and it does pretty well.

well i went and picked up this bike yesterday. Great little bike, came with a set of paddles. I dont plan on modding to much, just pipe and filter. It is for the GF.