No Heel Guards, Who Doesn't Run Em

i trail ride and hate them dam things i have my pegs and small extensions that are one an angel. we ride all kinds of trails and i love to push it in the trails i try to go faster down the trail each time its a rush to me in fourth gear pinned whipping by trees and brush coming into a tight corner but thats just me take them off and throw them over the hill if your a confident rider try it

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay off they come, if i break my leg ill blame it on theshee, if i dont like them off ill put em on and save for some IMS heel guards

mine have saved me. i landed with one foot totally on it at the mx track once.

its nice for doubling because they have somewhere to put their feet too.

if you ever take girls riding leave em on, or at least put em back on for the day.

I am waiting for quads to come equipped with a factory bubble, because we wouldn't want anyone to poke an eye out...

I took mine off immediately. I don't worry about running over my leg as much as I worried about my ass hanging over a spinning studded tire, and that was back in the day when my ATV was missing a wheel... :evil:

And everyone said we were going to kill ourselves on those, too. :wink:

I have always run just pegs, but i keep the teeth nice and sharp to help me stay on. i actually had my foot break through the webbing on a set of nerfs, it was a close call, if i had been on rough terrain i probably would have busted the shit out of my foot on rocks or something, but i was on a flat so my foot just dragged across the dirt for a couple seconds until i could pull it out.

yeah buy her her own bike

I dont think he will be able to do that with 1.98. LOL, But seriously if have ever ran over your leg with your own quad, then you probably wouldnt even be asking that question, because like said before it really hurts and will scare the crap out of you because you have no control when it happens (as in you cant just pull your leg back up before it gets bad). If someone rides with you, do them a favor and put them on.

I just fractures my leg in 3 places by running over my leg with the paddle tires.. At that point I wishes I had them. But you know what I needed the vacation from work and the lortabs were that bad either. Never had a problem with leg ever coming off before that. It was a freak accident the handle grip came off as I was going about 40 throught the woops up comp hill at dumont. That shit hurt like a MF.

i even replaced the plastic heel guard once after breaking it in the woods. $46 for that damn piece of plastic, and i broke it again about a month later so they came off for good. but i leave my steel heel guard on, if that's what you want to call it. i have had my leg go under the tire once. i actually had an ankle brace on at the time because i had just gotten my cast off about a week before. twisting a still healing broken ankle is a bitch. anyway, as long as i ride trails and mud and things, they will stay on. i think a set of nerfs are bound to get caught up on things in the woods so the stockers are better than nothing.