Bought a new quad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey differentstrokes how do u like that bike? I'm torn between that and the new can am ds450 idk which to get i hear great things about both of them!!! let me know if u run into a ds and race it and out handle it in those trails!!!

hey differentstrokes how do u like that bike? I'm torn between that and the new can am ds450 idk which to get i hear great things about both of them!!! let me know if u run into a ds and race it and out handle it in those trails!!!

I haven't seen a ds450 up close, but I would've seriously looked at it for my second choice. This is my 4th bike in 3 years and I think I've found the one that fits me the best, it's got power and handling straight from the factory. I just don't see how you can go wrong with one, the motor has been around for 8 years and everything on the body is chromoly steel or aluminum. I'm seriously going to try and get some video next Saturday.

That's fuckin' bad ass. If I bought a 4 stroke that'd definately be the one. The DS is pretty tight but the 525 definately takes it in my book. A lot of people say they don't like the way the ds feels but I haven't got to take a rip on one yet.

As far as a do all quad, there is no comparison. The KTM kills it in handling, it would take a good bit of mods for the banshee to beat it in a straight line too. It's got more power than the other new bikes out and is lighter too. I ride mostly woods, similar to GNCC style stuff and I have taken a beating on a banshee. This thing is a whole different story with the ohlins shocks. You need to ride one of these things, you'd be suprised.

Nice quad man!!! those new KTM's are nasty. I love my raptor 700 and i agree with some of the above post that they are the best looking. I know even my stock raptor has some serious torque, have you driven a 700 compared to the 525XC? I am curious how they compare in terms of power and such?

Anyways congrats on a sweet piece of machinery....i am slightly jealous haha!!!

I haven't seen a ds450 up close, but I would've seriously looked at it for my second choice. This is my 4th bike in 3 years and I think I've found the one that fits me the best, it's got power and handling straight from the factory. I just don't see how you can go wrong with one, the motor has been around for 8 years and everything on the body is chromoly steel or aluminum. I'm seriously going to try and get some video next Saturday.

Iv been waiting for these to come out "Nice Bike", Im sure you will have good luck with it, KTM does their homework, they know how to build a bike. Make sure you post video and let us know how it does.

Nice quad man!!! those new KTM's are nasty. I love my raptor 700 and i agree with some of the above post that they are the best looking. I know even my stock raptor has some serious torque, have you driven a 700 compared to the 525XC? I am curious how they compare in terms of power and such?

Anyways congrats on a sweet piece of machinery....i am slightly jealous haha!!!

I have been wondering this for a while, how does the stock raptor 700 compare to all the other 4 strokes, it has to be the biggest 4 stroke sport ATV right now but is it the baddest and how do they hold up in the maintenance department?