how did you get you banshee

I have several bikes lying around my shop here in Indiana. Was into the vintage scene for a while but got tired of it. (I still want an '81 Maico 490) but last March my wife talked about learning to ride a bike so she could ride with her friends who all have hogs. Now, these people are like me, been riding for 30+ years and have a lot of experience, but my wife didn't. So after an arguement I told he she is going to learn on a dirt bike first so she can learn about the fundamentals of shifting, braking under less than great circumstances, and power. I bought her a TTR125 Yamaha. She hated it. She rode it around the yard once and never got on it again and pretty much gave up the idea at her age about learning to ride a cycle on the streets. My son rode it when he visited me this summer, but liked my RM144 better and so the Yammie got orphaned and sat. I still ride and love MX so I won't give up my two wheels just yet, but the end is coming as I am 45 now and I don't heal as quick when I eat it.

She tells me this winter how an ATV sounds like fun so I file that away. I see the dealership where I bought the TTR has a leftover '06 Banshee sitting their and I told the guy if he made me a good deal on trading in the TTR (the bike was on it's second tank of gas mind you and didn't have a scratch on it) I would buy the Banshee because I hate four strokes. (Too noisey for one thing, and I hate valve adjustments) So I got more than I asked on trade and got the Banshee for 4700. I plan on buying another next year for myself.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i picked up my banshee last year from a friend who owed me money. now that i have time to try to put it back together i'm hoping that i still have all the pieces!!! lol!!! glad i found this site!!

I was looking for a quad, desperately. I had a eton 90 and my friend (who i had started riding with) got rid of his 250 ozark, and invested in a piped yfz. I needed something that would at least be fun to ride. I was looking for a 400ex for around 2500 r=or so when i came across a banshee in my area. I thought about it and actually found this sie while i researched the banshee. after seeing the world of after market and the cult-like following i decided a banshee was the way to go. The banshee i had found was actually on ebay and the auction was at around 2 grand with no reserve for a mint 99 that had hardly been ridden. I called up the guy and told him to forget teh ebay thing and that i would write him a check for 2400 and come pick it up. he said "nah ill let the auction go through". i was fine with that, i won teh auction for 2025. he seemed like a nice guy that went real easy on the banshee (he had bought a honda goldwing which lets you know the kinda guy he was). so i picked it up and ran with my friends yfz (until it blew up) and have never looked back. owning a banshee is like a disease, like Banshee-itis. it infects you and eve though im fairly new to the quad game, i know i would never go on without at least one banshee in my stable.

Well, it was last year that I was on deployment in Iraq. I had purchased a 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I will never purchase a vehicle over the internet without looking at it in person again. For as long as I can remember I have been obsessed with things that have the ability to go fast. Once I got home from deployment I seen the gutless Cutlass for the first time. I wasn't happy at all. I then proceded to spend absolutely all of my hard earned deployment money, just to make the car safe. New floor pans all the way around. Had a plastic 8 gallon fuel cell. The frame was cracked and rewelded in one spot, so I cut it out and redid that. The body has some bondo in it. Not too much though. I have decided that this car is way too much for me too handle. Although I still have the need for speed.

I bought a r/c car that runs on nitro-methanol. I then started to add all of the hop-ups that I could find for it. I then realized that taking something small and making it go fast as hell, is an amazing feeling.

So this year on deployment I was looking for something that I could take and throw down a strip at high speeds. I was looking at snowmobiles, that might have been fun. I love Banshee's, always have ever since I seen one many moons ago. I had one back in high school, but didn't know anything about them besides they were 2-stroke, and how to maintain it.

I knew that I had to get an asphalt Banshee after seeing a couple for sale on racingjunk.com. I went to Google and searched "Banshee Forums". This is the first one that came up. Two days later I started negotiating with another member for a roller, bought it. I posted a thread asking who some reputible motor builders were. I chose Lynn at LCPerformance. Bought a motor from him, it's still getting finished up right now. Everything will be ready to go and race when I get home.

- Justin

WOW some seriously wild and amazingly interesting stories on here. I think its really kewl how alot of us find different ways to make our bikes ours. The way we are for our 2-strokes is all about the same and the itch for it just really i think blows are minds each and every one of us.

The first quad I owned was a blaster, but I figured out real fast that it wasn't big enough for me but I loved the feel of a 2-stroke. A banshee was the next logical machine, but I thought they were the ugliest machines I had ever seen. One day a friend of a friend brings his 'shee out to our riding spot, and I get talked into taking it for a ride....3 minutes, a couple of fields, and a big ass hill later I realized I was sitting on the most beautiful machine that existed. Sold the blaster and bought a '89 'shee a couple months later....complete basket case. I owned it for 4 years and it ran for 6 months of it. I sold it for money to buy a '79 camaro, and swore that someday I would own another, but I wouldn't ever buy a used one again.

fast forward 7 years, new job, freshly married, with a kid on the way and in the middle of buying a house, and a coworker at the new job informs me that the banshee won't be available after the '06 year. I head to the dealership, and they have a '06 SE sitting there...I love purple, so black and purple was perfect. I go home, tell my wife that I have to buy something, and she was very supportive. I told her that if we couldn't afford it later, I would sell it. She knew that was complete bullshit....that if I got it I wasn't letting it go, but she let me go get it anyway. Less than a week later, I was hauling her home.

I will keep it until I can't ride her anymore also, but when that happens, I'm giving it to my son....I fought too hard to get my 'shee to give her up to a stranger.

I bought my friends lt250's in 2003 after my first trip to glamis. Came with a boat load of spare parts.... i used them all too....fast forward to 2005.

Same friend has just bought his 2nd yfz450 and "is sick and tired of fucking with 2 strokes"

so for $3400 i take home his 1988 Banshee that has a yamaha crate A-Arm frame, roll arms, pep shocks, vf2's Dyna box and fmf pipes. When i finally pop the top end i discover virgin bore cylinders with no porting.

all i have added to it is razors and bead locked 8 cup haulers.

that "damn 2 stroke" waxes him at the sand drags, Olds, brawley slide and china wall.... and the one time we <wink>Accidently got lost in the closed area<wink> I beat him at the wall too!

know anyone looking for an 85 or 87 lt in San Diego? :biggrin: cut em a deal

Well I've always been riding i first started on a 94 blaster.. then sold it for a 2003 blaster.. got my licence then started messing with cars for a while.. had 2 cars sold the talon and then sold the blaster and i got my 04 banshee Now i just have a truck and my banshee, no need for anything else in life (old lady dosent know i said that!) lol

Origionally got mine for $800 because a dude thought he blew it. He told me he wasn't sure what was wrong but started smoking real bad one day, so he shut it down and never looked at it again. I said sold as quick as I could and went home and changed the right side crank seal and replaced the screw that came out of the middle of the shift star that came out and caused the seal to go bad. Changed the tranny fluid and had a great running 99 shee! Lot's more money poured in it since though....

im looking at one today that i might be trading a mustang off for it has alot of mods and looks really clean and has alot of new stuff. Im trading him a 95 mustang that needs a clutch but the car is in great shape so i hope i get another one here in a few

I have several bikes lying around my shop here in Indiana. Was into the vintage scene for a while but got tired of it. (I still want an '81 Maico 490) but last March my wife talked about learning to ride a bike so she could ride with her friends who all have hogs. Now, these people are like me, been riding for 30+ years and have a lot of experience, but my wife didn't. So after an arguement I told he she is going to learn on a dirt bike first so she can learn about the fundamentals of shifting, braking under less than great circumstances, and power. I bought her a TTR125 Yamaha. She hated it. She rode it around the yard once and never got on it again and pretty much gave up the idea at her age about learning to ride a cycle on the streets. My son rode it when he visited me this summer, but liked my RM144 better and so the Yammie got orphaned and sat. I still ride and love MX so I won't give up my two wheels just yet, but the end is coming as I am 45 now and I don't heal as quick when I eat it.

She tells me this winter how an ATV sounds like fun so I file that away. I see the dealership where I bought the TTR has a leftover '06 Banshee sitting their and I told the guy if he made me a good deal on trading in the TTR (the bike was on it's second tank of gas mind you and didn't have a scratch on it) I would buy the Banshee because I hate four strokes. (Too noisey for one thing, and I hate valve adjustments) So I got more than I asked on trade and got the Banshee for 4700. I plan on buying another next year for myself.

So you only got $500.00 for the trade-in? :down: