how did you get you banshee

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my buddy bought a yfz then he went out and bout an 06 banshee se and rode it like 2 times.realized he liked the yfz more "stupid" and let me take over the payments. it took a little while and a new job to get my motor to fast to get a play dune port cases ported and the crank trued and welded with a tz and maxload bearing among the other various parts i ordered including 35pwk air strykers,vitos billet intakes,v3s,cool head w19cc domes,adjustable timing plate,hd clutches,k&n air lid,baja wheels,t5s, and all the other bolt on stuff to make it look nicer and go faster. i dont know why someone would rather a 4 stroke than a banshee. I cant wait to get it all put back together to show him why he never should have parted with it :evil:

my grandmother bought mine for me about 6 years ago, it had gernaded, then the guy i bought it from bought it and "fixed" it. (only rebuilt one side of the crank.... idiot.) since then it has gotten a few things. just minor upgrades as far as teh shee goes. i had too much fun at the time riding to be bothered with upgrade dough, i just burnt gas money. 6 years later, its finally blew up because of the un-new side of the crank being over worn, i scuffed up a piston pretty bad. now its apart everywhere, and causing me to begin my life in a smarter direction that drugs and waste. i got a powdercoating gun to refinish and bling everything, i have a shed framed up (waiting on some money to wall it in and put a roof on it)

once thats done, i guess the banshee has a home and space to come togeather in as well as a place for me to practice powdercoating skills and tinker on things as well as kick back listen to the radio and drink beer by the little woodstove....

Banshee owners always have to be a couple steps ahead of their game. I wouldnt own any other wheeler for goin fast thats for sure. Mabye a 4 poker for trailriding

my grandmother bought mine for me about 6 years ago, it had gernaded, then the guy i bought it from bought it and "fixed" it. (only rebuilt one side of the crank.... idiot.) since then it has gotten a few things. just minor upgrades as far as teh shee goes. i had too much fun at the time riding to be bothered with upgrade dough, i just burnt gas money. 6 years later, its finally blew up because of the un-new side of the crank being over worn, i scuffed up a piston pretty bad. now its apart everywhere, and causing me to begin my life in a smarter direction that drugs and waste. i got a powdercoating gun to refinish and bling everything, i have a shed framed up (waiting on some money to wall it in and put a roof on it)

once thats done, i guess the banshee has a home and space to come togeather in as well as a place for me to practice powdercoating skills and tinker on things as well as kick back listen to the radio and drink beer by the little woodstove....

Banshee owners always have to be a couple steps ahead of their game. I wouldnt own any other wheeler for goin fast thats for sure. Mabye a 4 poker for trailriding

I bought my firs t one in 96 it was a new 95. It ended up getting stolen awhile back, then my current one I bought as just a frame and put it together in about 2.5 months time about when I became a member here on HQ.

Was working in the city as a carpenter. Seen this Electrician with a Fox racing shirt on. I asked him "Do you ride or are you just another idiot that likes the clothes" . " He said yea I ride!". I asked him whatcha got. ( I was riding a 01 cr250 at the time and had no intentions of ever getting a quad.) He said I have a 03 SE Banshee that has never seen the dirt. I said BULLSHIT. He went on saying that his parents bought it for him so that he wouldnt ride his R6 as much because they were scared he would get hurt. He had no way to ever take it riding, because he didnt have a truck. He then said he wanted it out of the garage and only wanted what his parents owed on it. He came in the next day and said he wanted 2 g'z for it. I bought it the next day cash. Im no crook but I was a criminal that day. Basically had about 1/2 hour on it up and down his block. I always heard that Shee's were bad ass so I rode it and thought this thing is slow as shit (bone stock). Thats when I found Banshee HQ and you guys helped me build the love of my life!!!!!! I havent put my leg over my CR in 2 years. I didnt buy a single part new. If it wasnt for you guys I would still be riding a turd with 4 wheels. Thanks HQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic the day I got it

2l8nt.jpg

And now Kevin at Herr Jugz has my motor. Should have it back in two weeks. I also got Chrome Lsr 2 +1 arms. LSR Axle. Works Black Widows. And Black HIPERS all around. Bitch is gonna move!!!!!

Edited by MarineNYC

It was the beggining of the summer and i traded a monte carlo t-top that needed some work for my 97 shee i think it was a good deal. So how did you guys get your banshee and what made you pick it?

Thats funny. I actually sold a 85 monte carlo ss for 4500 and bought a shee for 1800. I figured I would have enough left over to build a nice banshee($2700). Well im done a year or more later and I ended up being off by about $5000 give or take a grand. Im sure many can relate.

i got my 03 shee from a guy that bought it for his girlfriend to ride ...but they broke up ..and he wanted 2k for it on craigslist ,so i cashed him out!!! it was completely stock but now shes doing a little better!

Edited by keeks707

Hmm it was grade 10 I believe. Friend saw it in the Triad and told me about it. So I called the guy up, looked around at it and decided to buy it. Here is when I bought mine:

Picture002.jpg