tuning tips, desperate just spent a ton of $ not happy

Just spent alot of money a lot of new parts and not much results to start with I bought a banshee than ran like crap so replaced almost everything starting with, new stock cylinders 64mm, vitos ported pistons, new high output stator, new 5 degree advanced timing rev box, kill switch and wirring, new coil pack, new prodesign coolhead, stator plate, and impeller, new ebc dirt digger clutch, boss intake, 30mm oko carbs, k&n pods with outer wears, new V-Force 2 reeds, and some other things I am currently running at minus 1 degree timing(because of rev box)so it should be plus 4, 17cc domes, 112 octane race fuel, br9es plugs, toomey t3 pipes(I think) and it isn't fast at all I have had 6 banshee's almost alawys had them built at local shops. I did this one on my own and I am very let down I need tips on what everything should be set at for a good mid and fast top end. it feels like it has no power band at all bottom end that isn't that great either.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get the cylinders ported. That is the next big modd after doing pipes. I would aslo get a better set of pipes. There is a reason why toomy doesnt make the T3's any more.

I would do a 4 mill stroker crank, dune port job, and a set of CPI exhaust pipes.

I have read the articles on hear about carbs before several times I still dont have a clue I know it could run better I have had several that didnt have half this done and they were way faster. I planned on getting a 4 mil crank soon but, if it isnt going to run much better than this I am going to part it out I am tired of putting money in this one for nothing.

Just spent alot of money a lot of new parts and not much results to start with I bought a banshee than ran like crap so replaced almost everything starting with, new stock cylinders 64mm, vitos ported pistons, new high output stator, new 5 degree advanced timing rev box, kill switch and wirring, new coil pack, new prodesign coolhead, stator plate, and impeller, new ebc dirt digger clutch, boss intake, 30mm oko carbs, k&n pods with outer wears, new V-Force 2 reeds, and some other things I am currently running at minus 1 degree timing(because of rev box)so it should be plus 4, 17cc domes, 112 octane race fuel, br9es plugs, toomey t3 pipes(I think) and it isn't fast at all I have had 6 banshee's almost alawys had them built at local shops. I did this one on my own and I am very let down I need tips on what everything should be set at for a good mid and fast top end. it feels like it has no power band at all bottom end that isn't that great either.

a rev box does nothing for a 2 stroke. your rev is determined primarily by your pipes. it could be doing the timing but as far as the rev box part of it that claims to raise your max rev 1000 rpm is not true.

when you say coil pack did you just buy a new coil thats oem?

also you dont need to be running those plugs, those are more for alky not race gas.

Whats your elevation?

That has alot to do with jetting.

And like Booker said porting might help too. From what your first post said, you have alot into it. Maybe too much without a port job.

But seriously, without proper jetting, you can have all the money in the world in your motor, and if its not jetted correctly, it won't run for shit.

yes it was a new coil it is from ricky stator where my stator came from but I think it is the same as stock. and I thought when you ran race fuel you are supposed to use a cooler plug so it wont detonate.

well mainly we need jetting info!, if you got some stock jets like what 140 or something you with all those upgrades you might need 310 or more do your bike will have no power, because its not getting enough gas...now get jetting info.

yes it was a new coil it is from ricky stator where my stator came from but I think it is the same as stock. and I thought when you ran race fuel you are supposed to use a cooler plug so it wont detonate.

you dont need to run a differant plug unless your using alky, to keep from detonating you have to know what your compression is and how much timing you plan on running.

you dont need to run a differant plug unless your using alky, to keep from detonating you have to know what your compression is and how much timing you plan on running.

I have stock stroke, stoke bore, and 17cc domes, is plus 4 timing correct