Chain

definitely don't buy anything that doesn't give a brand name. anyway, you'll go thru 2 non o-ring chains in the time that you would 1 o-ring or x-ring chain. so why not just go for the better of the two? what you need to look at also is the tensile strength. personally i only run the DID x-ring ATV chain. yeah, it's more expensive, but you almost always get what you pay for.

definitely don't buy anything that doesn't give a brand name. anyway, you'll go thru 2 non o-ring chains in the time that you would 1 o-ring or x-ring chain. so why not just go for the better of the two? what you need to look at also is the tensile strength. personally i only run the DID x-ring ATV chain. yeah, it's more expensive, but you almost always get what you pay for.

not always true. if you ride in sand the oring x ring is not going to last. you only want oring / x ring if you ride in wet or muddy areas.

i do agree the most important thing to look at is the tensile strength, but this dosent mean that a none name brand cant have the same tensel as name brands

It doesn't matter if you go with o-ring or not it is the same in the long run if you have your bike awhile. Generally you will wear out three non o-ring chains to a o-ring chain , on the sand too. Non o-ring chains have a higher tensile strength than o-ring chains, look it up. I run o-ring so I don't have to replace chains as often.

not always true. if you ride in sand the oring x ring is not going to last. you only want oring / x ring if you ride in wet or muddy areas.

i do agree the most important thing to look at is the tensile strength, but this dosent mean that a none name brand cant have the same tensel as name brands

your right bud, any chain of any brand can have the same or better tensile strength than a brand name chain. i'm just saying i'd at least want to know what i'm buying, not something from e-bay that i don't even know who the manufacturer is. DID chains have done well for me and never let me down yet. maybe i'm paying some extra for the name, but it's a name that i know i can trust.