cut FMF silencers

shee rips

hey, i have been considering shortening the silencers on my fmf sst's, and have talked to a couple people about it, but its kinda a permanent mod so i would like to hear some more feedback from people who have done it.

how is the sound? how much louder, etc

thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ask me it might sound a little louder

just remember dont cut before the mount point or it will not work anymore anything after where it mounts can be cut

if you ask me it might sound a little louder

just remember dont cut before the mount point or it will not work anymore anything after where it mounts can be cut

i just mean to shorten the silencer can.

i have seen a couple people on here with it done but i figured it would be easier and get more of a response than sending pms to a couple people.

im gonna do this with my powercore II's i was just wondering the same thing. i knew it would give me better lowend and THAT is what im goin for. shee motors are highsped anyway they like the revs. might as well gain where it aint got. it still makes a difference in overall power no matter what. giver. good excuse to repack too.

here ya'll go. 2 cut powercore II's the stingers are cut off because they were jimmy welded in the first place. im gonna rebend and weld some new ones once the bikes more togeather.gonna PC the end caps too.

measure the part you removed to determine how much core to remove

100_0186.jpg

finished silencers, unpacked unpolished. raw shortened shittyness. itll be better when i get around to it

100_0185.jpg

i removed a total of 4.5 inches per silencer

• 1 year later...

well, i'm not sure on anything other than fmf silencers, since they are not tuned to a specific pipe, but other silencers controll the pipes' efficiency, so cutting it will change that, and most likely not for the better.....but, i have always felt fmf's downfall is their "wide range" silencer selection anyway, and have personally seen gains in changing them out for toomy silencers, which are indeed shorter and smaller.......would be nice to bring the pics back to this thread, though......