New Toomey TR6 pipe broke at the mounting tab

bonzai272

Hey guys,

Have any of you had any issues with the Toomey Racing pipes breaking at the mounting tab? Mine are only a few months old, been on 4 rides, and yesterday while cleaning the quad I noticed that the tab on the top of the right pipe just snapped off. The is the mount under the front fender. It must have happened on last weekends ride. There was no impact to the pipe, no signs of impact to the pipe anywhere, and the pipe seems to be under no stress. I can easily lift the pipe back up into place where it lines up perfectly with the broken tab. Im hoping it can just be welded back together or something. But them being chrome would cause an issue with the appearance, wont it? Ive emailed Toomey to see what they suggest so Ill see what they recommend. I figure odds of them replacing or fixing arent very good but I couldnt find any experiences online about this issue. What you think?

Do you use the Yamaha stocker rubber/steel hanger bracket or an aftermarket billet one?

I've wondered what the tab failure rate was with the solid hangers.....

I first had the stock rubber hangers on there, they both broke (rubber ripped off)...cheap shit. I upgraded to billet ones. But they mounted effortlessly and seems to have no stress on the pipes at all. I can easily just lift the pipe back up into place where it should be and it sits flush with the broken tab....doesnt take any force at all.

the rubber mountin brackets are crap

get some billet ones with longer bolts.... (1in.)

Yeah the stock rubber ones broke on the first ride. I replaced with billet ones already and they were much better looking and easy to install. The tab that actually snapped right in half is the tab welded to the pipe itself....this tab mounts to the hanger.

iv had my t5's for a year no problems but i would agree with jbooker. you have to drill a hole through your stock hangers then bolt them together and use the stockers. if you do get your pipe fixed and still dont like the looks of the stockers cascade sells chrome stocker that have alreadt been modified.

Here is my tm design works. A 50 dollar hanger is worth the price is it saves a 500 - 600 dollar pair of pipes. They have a pice of rubber in them to keep vibrations from destroying the pipes. They aslo swivel too.

100_2126.jpg

Those looke nice, I think I'll have to get a set when I get my new CPI's. I've got the stockers with two SS bolts in them for now and have had no problems with breakage, but I kinda like the bling of billet :thumbsup:

Those looke nice, I think I'll have to get a set when I get my new CPI's. I've got the stockers with two SS bolts in them for now and have had no problems with breakage, but I kinda like the bling of billet :thumbsup:

If you look where the hanger bolts to the frame I had to space it out with a chrome 3/8 or 1/2 in thick spacer so the pipes wouldnt hit the head. I also got some nice chrome button allen head bolts for mounting the pipes up.

When you buy your CPI's and you want nice chrome get them from Cascade Innovations. CPI's chrome isnt that great. Cascades is show chrome. Well worth the 50 bucks more in price.

100_2147.jpg