Banshee's?

i just want to know what is the top amount of RPM's you can get from a banshee? i have heard like 12,000 and 15,000 so i just wanna know. I know a set of drag pipes like CPI's will rev higher than some thing line fmf pipes. Also I think carbs will raise/lower RPM's. So i just want the max you can get out of a banshee.

Thanks

Chevshee

if you talking usable power rpm's, on average, about 8 - 10 thou like the snop said. missed shift rpms are alot higher :evil: .

Ok thanks but what i wanna know is what is the highest possible rpm's you can get from one like before it blows.

Chevshee

so like right before it throws a rod or a piston melts? whats the point? i don't think theres a rev limiter on a shee' and if there is i've never needed it. i guess the sky's the limit. find a dyno sheet for a shee thats been drag ported with an out of frame pipe like rdz's, GRR's or oof shearers and look at the over rev. i guess it all depends on how well the crank is balanced and how high the pipe will let the engine rev. my guess is that you'd probably squeak a piston first before a rod or crank failed. the rpms where the engine blew would vary depending upon the machine and engine mods. come to think of it, this is a really pointless question. :confused::wacko: :shrug:

Edited by the grinch

so like right before it throws a rod or a piston melts? whats the point? i don't think theres a rev limiter on a shee' and if there is i've never needed it. i guess the sky's the limit. find a dyno sheet for a shee thats been drag ported with an out of frame pipe like rdz's, GRR's or oof shearers and look at the over rev. i guess it all depends on how well the crank is balanced and how high the pipe will let the engine rev. my guess is that you'd probably squeak a piston first before a rod or crank failed. the rpms where the engine blew would vary depending upon the machine and engine mods. come to think of it, this is a really pointless question. :confused::wacko: :shrug:

Sorry i dint mean to piss you off. :sad: and you are right a banshee don't have a rev limiter, on a 2 stroke the pipes determine the top rev of a bike. I was just wanted to know what thay revved at.

Ok new question what is top power band rpm's like wen your going down the rode or something?

Thanks

Chevshee

Dude i have been wondering this since i bought my banshee, coming from working on trucks to banshee, that's the one thing that blows my mind, is the extraem RPM these two stroke motors do, think about it at 3600 rpm the piston is going up and down at the rate of 60 times per second and at 12000 rpm the piston is coming to a complete stop at the bottem and top of the storke at a rate of 200 TIMES PER SECOND thats rediculous, plus i have been thinking about putting a tach on my banshee.

im not sure of the max RPM the banshee motor is capable of withstanding but i raced gokarts and we had 2stroke KT100 single cylinder motors that would hit 14-15k on the big nascar tracks allday long. im sure that a banshee motor could with stand at least that much

edit: of course thats assuming you weld the crank and have quality bearings

Edited by Bansh-eman

im not sure of the max RPM the banshee motor is capable of withstanding but i raced gokarts and we had 2stroke KT100 single cylinder motors that would hit 14-15k on the big nascar tracks allday long. im sure that a banshee motor could with stand at least that much

edit: of course thats assuming you weld the crank and have quality bearings

I'm sure you could pull that out of a shee if you tried hard.

my shee with a FAST aggressive dune port, T5's, 160psi compression, +5 timing, and 30mm carbs hit 10,700 on the dyno doin 4th gear pulls. usable power went up to about 10,400-10,500ish, really fell off hard after that.

Ok sounds about right, i always thought thay ran about 12,000-13,000 tho

Thanks

Chevshee

I'm sure you could pull that out of a shee if you tried hard.

Ok sounds about right, i always thought thay ran about 12,000-13,000 tho

Thanks

Chevshee

you wouldnt have to try hard at all. its the correct gearing, tire size and rubber stiffness, and few other things and it would pull high RPMs like any other 2stroke. Although tht doesnt mean that you would be getting any more useable power out of it.

With the zeeltronics CDI, no matter what pipes or carbs it revs to like 12500, with the pro-circuits on that setup there is still power up to 10000rpm and the PC sign off at about 8500

The RZs redline starts at 10000rpm, they say a Banshee/RZ crank can run reliable for HOURS at 10000rpm with the TZ bearings...

I have raced with RZ powered karts and pushing them absolutely to the limits with a new Yamaha crank with no TZ bearing and it lasted more than a year, maybe my luck..

I know the RZ extremely well, racing them in whatever you can think of. They just do not rev over 10000rpm with the stock CDI, no matter what pipes and if you put a good top end pipe on, they will go to almost 10000. So if a RZ can do this, a Banshee can, I just don't think the mains and big ends will like this, but for a now and then, it should not be a problem. The most critic thing that won't like it is the bottom end...

I will try to find the youtube link with the RZ/zeeltronic link.