Best 2 Stroke Oil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no best oil...only everyone's favorite to run.

As long as it's not Crisco or Mazola in a can...and mixed at a normal ratio...you'll be fine.

Proper jetting and air filter maintenance are more important than oil type, IMO...

very true it many times turns into a pissing match or just an opinion poll

its scary how many guys overlook things like regular air filter maintenance

it is frightening when i get a new toy and i clean out the air filter for the first time

any good quality oil should protect pretty well

i used the AMSOIL 100:1 at a ratio of 64:1 for several years and was overall prtty happy with it

bu i think i am getting more wrist pin wear than what i would like to see so i will likely be switching to something else in the near future

i guess i will be buying a small bottle of several different oils and see how the chainsaws and the lawn mower like it first

Please use the SEARCH....as you can already see, there is no best oil...only everyone's favorite to run.

As long as it's not Crisco or Mazola in a can...and mixed at a normal ratio...you'll be fine.

Proper jetting and air filter maintenance are more important than oil type, IMO...

Coincidentally....I hear Bansh-eman and Firehead like Crisco..."in the can"...

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that...good for them, not my style....just saying...that's what I heard...

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

correction dave, Firehead likes crisco in his can, im more of a peanut oil man myself :)

Interesting...CSR...

Do you have an facts to support that claim?

Not doubting you...just would like facts instead of he said/she said....

Very interesting!

i as well would like to see some fact on that. if thats the case i now know where i could buy my oil much cheaper. the only problem with that is then the honda oil would probly be in the same boat because i have read somewhere they are made in the same factory and labeled, ill see if i cant dig that thing up that i read.

Edited by Bansh-eman

here goes. i cant find proof that yamalube 2r is made by citgo right now, but i have seen offical citgo documents in the past showing that its made by citgo. i just cant find them right now.

as a consolation prize i do have proof that yamalube 2m (marine 2 stroker oil) is made by citgo.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/forms/ACCY2MTCW302msds.pdfwell

that is a matereal safety data sheeet. for yamalube 2m. it is required for all hazardous and flammable chemicals that are transported or shipped anywhere. basically it lists the pour point, flash point, some hints at chemical makeup, etc. that way if a truck carrying yamalube gets into an accident and it leaks out the cleapup crew knows how to handle it.

check out the pdf and it shows it being made by citgo.

heres one for yamalube 2w, the 2 stroke watercraft formula. again made by citgo.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/forms/ACCY2WJBWV02msds.pdf

sorry guys, but i have spent like 15 minutes looking for an msda on yamalube 2r, but i cant find one. i HAVE seen it before and it did say it was made by citgo. and it has the same part number as citgo branded oil. i just cant find proof right now. i suppose i could call yamaha and ask them to fax me a msda but thats too much work just to prove somthing that i already know is true. but since i show proof that the yamalube marine formulas are citgo, then it would not be a large leap of faith for any of you to believe the 2r is also citgo right?