modquad cool head

jcbanshee

Hey guys I'm going to install my cool head this weekend. I finally got some 21cc domes. When i install the cool head i defiantly have to drain the coolant right? Also anyone running the modquad cool did you use the stock head nuts? :ermm:

Hey guys I'm going to install my cool head this weekend. I finally got some 21cc domes. When i install the cool head i defiantly have to drain the coolant right? Also anyone running the modquad cool did you use the stock head nuts? :ermm:

yes and yes. be sure your o rings seal properly.

I used the acorns nuts that came with the Head. Yes you have to drain the coolant. I didn't like the head because it has no orings on the studs to keep it from leaking and I don't like smearing sealant on everything. I went back to a pro design head. Plan to modify the modquad head to use an oring between the washer and the head to seal the stud. :confused:

Good luck!

i personally dont like the modquad head either i had a series of problems with their products. i used rtv sealant very lightly on it to hold the o rings and actually give the head a half ass chance of not fucking up.... if i were you i would sell it and geyt a noss or prodesign cool head thats what i did and i got 200 bucks back outta mine.

i have a modquad head on my cub motor and it sucks balls!! its hard to get it to seal around the studs, i used rtv around the head nuts, no leaks so far, its a shitty design though.

since i already have the head and everything, i guess im just gonna give it a try. Im going to try to use copper washers so maybe it seals better. I will keep you guys posted to if i like the head. Thanks!

Edited by jcbanshee

The modquad head if new comes with acorn nuts and copper washers with rubber in them I have nevet had trouble with coolant coming through the stud holes with the modquad o-ring kit which comes with new washers in every kit. I have only found tha actual modquad kit in motosport outlet catalog or directly from modquad.

If you need to get more of the washers with the oring in them, they are called Parker Stat-O-Seals. Seal companies usually have them or can get them. 5/16" or 8mm sizes will work.