what about supercharging the shee?

My point is you had no clue what machine I was talking about, you just figured it couldn't happen because you work "in the performance industry". Just inform yourself before you make comments.

Titanium axle, busa motor, turbo, EFI system, shocks, custom drag frame. How much you think he paid just for those parts alone?

If he's doing it himself, and has half of a clue, considerably less.

I saw the video, and looked through his site, if *HE* spent that much money, he either has shitty connections or is over-estimating.

Axle: Dunno--raw stock, not that much to make mention of it on a (quote) $50K Build (un-quote). If I can't produce one for under $2K (VERY high side), I'll eat the fucker.

Busa Motor: $2500 if he's buying like a retail customer (used)

Custom Drag Frame: We've done DOM 10-points making a shitload of money @ $2500, 25.5 cars a over double that, but still well over twice the material cost to build an elongated quad frame.

EFI: Okay, there are full setups for $10K out there with everything but the proverbial kitchen sink. I'm not talking a cheap-ass Haltech setup, but (Cha-CHING!) Motec setup, and that's pricing it (once again) like an "off-the-street" customer that has *NO* connections.

Building a Turbo Busa motor (Internals): I'll give you the high side of $2K---especially if he's "connected" as you claim.

Drag shocks: Unless he's a complete moron: $2.5K or less. It's DRAG shocks, which are are built for weight, load, and traction. In the world of custom one-offs, that's a hell of a lot to valve for then someone who moto-xs, etc.

Still WAY out of the range of rationality, and I'm being forgiving.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the other + $16,000 was wasted on food and Dyno time, Beer, and paying off idiots to brag about how much he spent. I'll have to go along with DSSA on this one by saying I highly doubt he spent anywhere near $50,000 on a Turbo Busa Banshee build.

Fuck, you just blew me out of the water with that last quote.

Gotta feed the addictions and belly. ;-)

Retail prices for some of the items;

Busa Motor $2300 e-bay plus another $2,000 for a complete build up he better be able to get pistons, rods, crank, valves etc for that price.

Turbo/EFI fall together in a kit with a GT35R sheet metal intake, injectors (Will need to upgrade from the injectors sent in the kit for the 500hp), Bosch 044 Pump, Motec Stand Alone, BOV, wastegate, etc $10K retail. You could peice together this kit for much less

Custom frame around $4100 is LSR's price for cromoly He's owns a shop so I assume he is building his own custom frame or has a decent hook up,

$80 for factory Busa wiring harness not sure if the Motec uses the factory harness or requires you to make your own

Axle: I didn't look that hard but found an Aluminum one (LSR) which ran $900 so lets say $1800

Swingarm: Lets go with a $1000

Shocks: Lets go with $2000

Misc Parts Wheels tires, chain etc : 10,000

So far that adds up to $33,280 with pricing the parts a bit on the high side. No where close to your $50,000.

I guess the other + $16,000 was wasted on food and Dyno time, Beer, and paying off idiots to brag about how much he spent. I'll have to go along with DSSA on this one by saying I highly doubt he spent anywhere near $50,000 on a Turbo Busa Banshee build.

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYONE GETTING HUNG UP ON 50 GRAND. WHY DOES EVERYONE INSIST ON ARGUING THE POINT? Read what I wrote. "last i heard it was up around 50 grand". I don't keep his reciepts, I don't know EXACTLY what he spent. My point was to get across how much money a project like this costs. I know he's getting close by now.

Now I remember why I don't come here so often. While there are some good people here, there are always some that insist on being completely right about everything, and its like they get to stroke their e-penis by trying to make it look like they are the fucking smartest person on earth. YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

(firehead does :wink: )

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYONE GETTING HUNG UP ON 50 GRAND. WHY DOES EVERYONE INSIST ON ARGUING THE POINT? Read what I wrote. "last i heard it was up around 50 grand". I don't keep his reciepts, I don't know EXACTLY what he spent. My point was to get across how much money a project like this costs. I know he's getting close by now.

Now I remember why I don't come here so often. While there are some good people here, there are always some that insist on being completely right about everything, and its like they get to stroke their e-penis by trying to make it look like they are the fucking smartest person on earth. YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

(firehead does :wink: )

Actually, I'm wondering how much you paid for those custom pedals on your Banshee. You know--the ones that "BACK PEDAL". A minute ago you were up in arms defending your figure that you were told by your "good friend", now you're playing it off as "Oh, I heard it through the grapevine".

Thanks for letting me decide on the term "Sheep", my friend.

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYONE GETTING HUNG UP ON 50 GRAND. WHY DOES EVERYONE INSIST ON ARGUING THE POINT?

Oh, and to answer this: Because someone who 'heard through the grapevine" and hasn't a clue is doling out there opinion like it's "fact".

Your as bad as the "I can build an 8 second 4-cylinder" for $30K guys that pop up on a constant basis in my industry.

Your just the polar opposite with the nutswinging on your friend's bankroll.

How about "if you don't know--don't try to play teacher when you haven't a clue?".

thats a waste of time. Id rather take a small block 400 bore and stroke it to 454 with hp aluminum heads, barry grant carb on top of an 8-71 and weld a sprocket to a super short 12bolt with 50 paddle tires. then put the clutch oh the flywheel and put the motor in sideways. That would cost under 10k. god,..... idiot!

I used a frikin shot gun whatda you think!!!

1ob11e.jpg

Before you start spouting off at the mouth like a fucking moron, why don't you at least figure out who I was talking about. The guy I am talking about IS the tuner building it.

It is in a full on custom drag frame and I very highly doubt that anyone is making more than the 500+ that the bike Im talking about is.

http://www.fireball-racing.com/Videos.htm

And even he gets beat by a 16mil banshee.....non turboed/no nos

http://store.podosracing.com/367211-Busa2.wmv

A supercharger is an easier and better idea than a turbo. I know how I would do it, but its hard for me to show it. I would basically copy this rotary valve drive design.

That belt drive looks like it would last about 10 minutes.............However, I can see doing a supercharger that is integral to the stator side of the crankshaft, but you would need to make your own crankshaft, cases, and a couple other things. I have a setup designed, but it wound up being too silly to actually make. :geek:

Actually, I'm wondering how much you paid for those custom pedals on your Banshee. You know--the ones that "BACK PEDAL". A minute ago you were up in arms defending your figure that you were told by your "good friend", now you're playing it off as "Oh, I heard it through the grapevine".

Thanks for letting me decide on the term "Sheep", my friend.

The only reason I was arguing is that you have no fucking clue what quad Im talking about, or any of the work or parts he put into. I wouldn't have said a fucking word if you had bothered to at least inform yourself before you said something. Every comment you make shows you still don't know anything about the quad. All you focused on is the "50 grand", you just wanted to make somebody look stupid because you don't want to/can't believe that somebody would spend that much money.

I've read about it, he posts all over the internet (he's posted on here in the past, I imagine he left cuz of people like you). I never said I knew him. I never said its a fact. You're the one saying its a fact he didn't spend that much when you still don't know a fucking thing about his quad. Who's the know-it-all here?

hahaha....

EFI: Okay, there are full setups for $10K out there with everything but the proverbial kitchen sink. I'm not talking a cheap-ass Haltech setup, but (Cha-CHING!) Motec setup, and that's pricing it (once again) like an "off-the-street" customer that has *NO* connections.

Megasquirt does the same shit and is easier to use for about $400... motec is a high dollar knockoff of your average factory programming.

All the aggressive assaults on people are the reason why this forum eats shit.

If people didn't rip other people apart here, maybe it would have more RESPECTABLE members....

have fun bashing, HQ members... cause it seems to be working. Most of your cool members are gone. Including me! so don't bother talk'n shit I won't be back to read it

Edited by TurboBanshee420