what about supercharging the shee?

im wanting to turbo my shee,but i just had a good idea i think,what about a supercharger? there wouldnt be any of the problems associated with pos and neg pressure waves in the exhausts and i think it would be easier to fit and set up,the hardest part i think would be making up the drive from crank to blower? anybody know any more??? im excited!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the time and effort it takes to do ANY kind of forced induction on one of these engines, you will get more horsepower MUCH easier by getting a set of aftermarket cylinders. It WILL be an ongoing headache, you will never be done with it if you want to super/turbo charge a shee.

This isn't a car with EFI, you don't just bolt on a supercharger kit, and reprogram the chip. There is no kit, you would have to make your own, make your own EFI system, tune/program your EFI system, spend countless days testing and tuning. And in the end, probably anyone with a big stroker would still stomp you.

Save yourself the time and hassle.

Dude, read what we said. If you really want to do this, you are going to have to come up with ALL of it yourself. None of us have done it, none of the engine builders have done it either (that I know of). There was/is a raptor supercharger kit in the works. Never really heard anything about it after the prototype was built.

Doing something like this is going to cost you an absolute fortune. Think like $20,000 (or 15000 euros or pounds or whatever currency you use). Or more.

You will never be done with it. You will burn the motor up several times tuning it. You will always be tuning it.

Look around for the busashee. Simple right? Turbo busa motor in a shee frame. Nothing too exotic right? Last I heard he was up around $50,000 that he had put into it. Do you really want to spend that much time and money to do this?

Edited by dawarriorman

RPM racing had EFI kit a few years back about 7 or 8 years ago for the banshee. It was on the market. Not sure what happen with this. I think cost about 4 grand at that time. You had to send the motor to them they would set it up with the electronics & throttlebodies. It wasn't a kit do it yourself. They guarantee 140 h.p. on stock motor. They recommended no porting. Don't need to. No benefit buy doing so. So they claim. The demo they ran up Oilsmobile hill 40 runs with no problems hopeing the trannies would hold. Like I said before not sure what happen with this mod. My 535 got more than 4 grand in it.

Simple right? Turbo busa motor in a shee frame. Nothing too exotic right? Last I heard he was up around $50,000 that he had put into it. Do you really want to spend that much time and money to do this?

Do I call you an exaggerator here, sheep, call him a liar, or call him an idiot for spending more money putting that shit into a quad frame then guys who have full-on drag turbo busas with custom frames who put out more power by far?

Wait...lemme guess, he started out with a brand new Busa and a brand new Banshee, then had some $300/hour "supertuner" turn every bolt for him.

I love all of the people who whine about "Oh! Too much time! Too much money!". Thank god that not everyone thinks that way or we'd still have only steam engines, and 4-cylinders that only put out 88 h.p..

im wanting to turbo my shee,but i just had a good idea i think,what about a supercharger? there wouldnt be any of the problems associated with pos and neg pressure waves in the exhausts and i think it would be easier to fit and set up,the hardest part i think would be making up the drive from crank to blower? anybody know any more??? im excited!!!

I think if you calculate the torque required to drive a reasonably sized supercharger, then you wouldn't be so excited. :geek: