what about supercharging the shee?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you calculate the torque required to drive a reasonably sized supercharger, then you wouldn't be so excited. :geek:

Would have to agree with you on that one. We just built a motor and the 14-71 LittleField blower consumes almost 600 hp pumping loss.<---------That, is why I like turbos

you will never have the torque output from a shee motor to power a big enough supercharger to create more power .. you could easily lose power and reliaility.

could you imagine the rad youd need just to cool it down.

you choose the hard way we choose the simple way. imply because we know what can be and cant be done

supercharging a shee isnt possible. you can eqiupt one but wtf im not going into detail

now if you want it turboed then its possible .. it uses exhaust preasure not torque .

you would need to fiure ou a good way to equalize the jetting for everything 1000rpm which is a hard task or fuel inject it

say 15000 dollars and drop 5 on a cub and cpi or shearers play with the gearing and be st to go with whats simple and POSSIBLE

Do I call you an exaggerator here, sheep, call him a liar, or call him an idiot for spending more money putting that shit into a quad frame then guys who have full-on drag turbo busas with custom frames who put out more power by far?

Wait...lemme guess, he started out with a brand new Busa and a brand new Banshee, then had some $300/hour "supertuner" turn every bolt for him.

I love all of the people who whine about "Oh! Too much time! Too much money!". Thank god that not everyone thinks that way or we'd still have only steam engines, and 4-cylinders that only put out 88 h.p..

Before you start spouting off at the mouth like a fucking moron, why don't you at least figure out who I was talking about. The guy I am talking about IS the tuner building it.

It is in a full on custom drag frame and I very highly doubt that anyone is making more than the 500+ that the bike Im talking about is.

http://www.fireball-racing.com/Videos.htm

The bike warrior is talking about would cost all of 50g's to build. As far as the supercharged or turbo......I would go turbo, simply because of the persitic loss of power with the supercharger. I know a guy with a 500 sabertooth that tried to run it with a supercharger and simply gave up due to not being able to make it run anywheres near consistently . The same goes for the guy I know with a supercharged 809 mach z, just far to many bugs to work out to make the project feasable. These are both people that are way better than average tuners and builders. And they were on drag vehicles designed to go short distances. How well will this work on a vehicle that will be disigned to go longer distances, reliably???? Electronic fuel injection would be your only hope with either the turbo or supercharger!!!! Good luck, I am not knocking your project. I just have a pretty good idea how it will end up!!!!!

Edited by alcoholbanshee

yeh i think i go the turbo way,but as i understand it you do not "have" to have efi.realise that the blower isnt the best idea,it just slapped me in the face when i came across a supercharged bike on the net,i dont think you can get a charger that spins up enough anyway,im told that most are only spinning around 8000rpm otherwise the veins expand and hit on the other spinny bit and will self destruct due to the tight tollerence of around 0.004. thanks everyone for the input,seeyaz.............

dawarriorman;- thats a bit harsh words there,chill out man. its just a topic. we can all speak nicly like adults ok.

Before you start spouting off at the mouth like a fucking moron, why don't you at least figure out who I was talking about. The guy I am talking about IS the tuner building it.

It is in a full on custom drag frame and I very highly doubt that anyone is making more than the 500+ that the bike Im talking about is.

http://www.fireball-racing.com/Videos.htm

Your point?

If he's building it himself, and is in the industry, I call BS even more on the $50K price tag.

Lemme guess, he gold-plated the frame?

Being in the performance industry, I see high-baller $ quotes thrown around way to much.

Your point?

If he's building it himself, and is in the industry, I call BS even more on the $50K price tag.

Lemme guess, he gold-plated the frame?

Being in the performance industry, I see high-baller $ quotes thrown around way to much.

My point is you had no clue what machine I was talking about, you just figured it couldn't happen because you work "in the performance industry". Just inform yourself before you make comments.

Titanium axle, busa motor, turbo, EFI system, shocks, custom drag frame. How much you think he paid just for those parts alone?

streetshee - sorry for the hijack. If you really want to do it, then go for it. Somebody has to be that guinea pig that dumps his savings into his dream. Prove us wrong :beer:

Guys, it's very feasable to turbo a carbureted 2-stroke and keep it reliable. I have a turboed (carbureted) sled that has been in my family since 94. It has been ridden hard as hell and has only burned down once, only because we were in BFE and tried to top it off with premium instead of avgas. Sure, it will be a lot of trial and error to get it all set up. As for the supercharger, I would say hell no. Too much parasitic loss and way too much work to get it installed let alone tuning it.

My point is you had no clue what machine I was talking about, you just figured it couldn't happen because you work "in the performance industry". Just inform yourself before you make comments.

Titanium axle, busa motor, turbo, EFI system, shocks, custom drag frame. How much you think he paid just for those parts alone?

streetshee - sorry for the hijack. If you really want to do it, then go for it. Somebody has to be that guinea pig that dumps his savings into his dream. Prove us wrong :beer:

Retail prices for some of the items;

Busa Motor $2300 e-bay plus another $2,000 for a complete build up he better be able to get pistons, rods, crank, valves etc for that price.

Turbo/EFI fall together in a kit with a GT35R sheet metal intake, injectors (Will need to upgrade from the injectors sent in the kit for the 500hp), Bosch 044 Pump, Motec Stand Alone, BOV, wastegate, etc $10K retail. You could peice together this kit for much less

Custom frame around $4100 is LSR's price for cromoly He's owns a shop so I assume he is building his own custom frame or has a decent hook up,

$80 for factory Busa wiring harness not sure if the Motec uses the factory harness or requires you to make your own

Axle: I didn't look that hard but found an Aluminum one (LSR) which ran $900 so lets say $1800

Swingarm: Lets go with a $1000

Shocks: Lets go with $2000

Misc Parts Wheels tires, chain etc : 10,000

So far that adds up to $33,280 with pricing the parts a bit on the high side. No where close to your $50,000.

I guess the other + $16,000 was wasted on food and Dyno time, Beer, and paying off idiots to brag about how much he spent. I'll have to go along with DSSA on this one by saying I highly doubt he spent anywhere near $50,000 on a Turbo Busa Banshee build.