4 mil cub vs. 10mil cub

banshee_boy09

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got both... a 4mil stock cylinder with a mean port job and a ported A&S 10mil cub. The 10mil is a hell of a lot more expensive than the 4 and tends to find weak links in your setup for you. lol! The 4mil is more fun to ride in the dunes, but the 10 is a lot faster and better for racing IMO. If you are building it strickly for drag racing go with the 10, you will thank yourself in the end. If you are building it for duning then the 4mil is the better choice. I have about the same amount of $$ in both machines, but the 10 has a higher initial cost.

i dont have one, but my buddy built one this year. he had k&t do the trenching ,head and domes. i thought he was crazy for all the cash he had in it for a dune/drag bike. we tried telling him long swing arm. he put a +6 on . ive rode it a hand full of times and.. damn !!! i had my legs wrapped on his shear pipes . didnt care if it burned.. just wanted to hold on.. like i said , i dont have one . but you need to set it up right. i told him he needed a pingel... a shop owner told him naaa... i had him call jeff , jeff said yes. well he didnt put one on and .. boom !!! about 5hrs on motor. he wants to drag it... i tried to tell him override.. naaa he wonders why his times arent the greatest. i just think if your going to go all out... then do it right. when i rode it , i could barely let go of the handle bar so i could shift. it is a bad machine , but its not set up right . my own .02

im not afraid to ask ?'s thats why i love this forum... but i listen to what people tell me.

i hope to have a 4mill cub ported one day... but i have to many projects. if your not planning to just drag... id go 4mill. his bike drinks gas !!!!!

glad to see you got your project bike together, you put some heart and soul in that bike !!!!

Are you talking about my banshee I was building on here?? Under images/my banshee build? jw Yeh I plan on getting an override tranny, lockup clutch, and dual pingel for sure...I think im gonna build a 4mil ported cub.

Are you talking about my banshee I was building on here?? Under images/my banshee build? jw Yeh I plan on getting an override tranny, lockup clutch, and dual pingel for sure...I think im gonna build a 4mil ported cub.

and 10k later......... i really think you are better off buying a complete bike ready to go , i have seen more than one 421 cub bikes complete really nice for 5ish

and 10k later......... i really think you are better off buying a complete bike ready to go , i have seen more than one 421 cub bikes complete really nice for 5ish

That is true seen alot of nice fast bike's for sale for around that price.

But not alot of people can just say hey i will go buy a drag bike ready to roll and have 5-6k laying around i know i dont.

Most of us have to take our time buying parts here and there to be able to put the bike toghter piece by piece and they way we want it.

a properly setup drag ported 421 cub with a good rider is quite capable of out running a 10 mill cub in my oppinion. i've ran a 421 cub and have seen numerous video's of 10 mills running and have yet to see a cub over a 421 impress me enough to want me to pay the extra money to get a 10 mill cub. this is just my oppinion.

Im fat so I had to build a 10mill :sad:

Yeah, It cost me about 200 bucks out of pocket to switch from a 4 to a 10 early this year, otherwise I would've probably stuck to my 4.

Considering the rider is 130 lbs, with the PROPER SETUP, he'll compete with just about any of the cub motors...until you start getting into drag frames, NOS, etc...