4 mil cub vs. 10mil cub

banshee_boy09

I think the 4mil is the best "intro" motor for drag racing. You get a competative motor and the initial cost is low so you can get alot of the extra's that are going to be needed with the higher HP drag bikes. But dont let the "intro" part fool ya. They can and do run VERY well if set up properly. No sense in spending big money on a big motor then skimping on the chassis setup. Its the complete package that makes the bike fast. Not just the motor.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 4mil is the best "intro" motor for drag racing. You get a competative motor and the initial cost is low so you can get alot of the extra's that are going to be needed with the higher HP drag bikes. But dont let the "intro" part fool ya. They can and do run VERY well if set up properly. No sense in spending big money on a big motor then skimping on the chassis setup. Its the complete package that makes the bike fast. Not just the motor.

4 mil is definetly the best intro engine!!!! I ran 4.002 with a 20 shot on mine back in the day at Little Sandy in KY. I ran 4.30's off the bottle. That was on a fairly light suspended cromoly chassis. I think the bike with all the nitrous stuff on it, ready to make a pass was 280 lbs. The jug was ported by Trinity.

If you can afford it go for a 10mill.If money is holding you back go with the 4mill.Ilve never seen a 4mill cub around here do any damage to the big 10mill cubs tho...Thats just around here tho and on the streets.I hear alot that the 4mills run all day with the 10s tho.But just imagine a 10mill with a lightend chassis and you on it. :ohmy:

Well put homie...

Depends...

I had PWKs, someone gave me a set of Lectrons, and I wouldn't go back. however, the carbs I have retailed 700 to 800 new. I don't have that kind of cabbage to spend on carbs when for a few hundo you can get PWKs or Mikunis.

Are you going to dune it more or drag race it more? What kind of pipes you going to run? Where are you going to be riding it? Are you going to run gas or alky?

130 lbs on a 4 mil is gonna be a fast bike....

I recently broke my tibia and fibia in my right leg, so ive put on a lil weight..but normal weight is 120-125lbs something like that, I would like to get the lectrons, but I think im gonna end up with some PWK's, size you think?..it will be drag raced more than anything, Im in MO and there arnt really any dunes around here..I plan on taking to Bricks 4x4 farm in Poplar Bluff, and probably St Joe. park around Farmington MO,....I will be running gas on it, no alky, and the pipes I dont know.... some kind of outframe, I havnt looked into that yet. Thanks for all the advice!!! I really appreciate it!

Imagine a 14mil.. A 14mil crank is only 125-150 more then a 10mil. If your spending 4-500 more then a 4mil.. why stop at 10?

Why not a DM it will only be a little bit more than the 14.But then go with the 18 since theres only a little difference in prce lol j/p.I was talking to nate and he told that the bigger cubs like the 12s and 14s just dont run right,

Why not a DM it will only be a little bit more than the 14.But then go with the 18 since theres only a little difference in prce lol j/p.I was talking to nate and he told that the bigger cubs like the 12s and 14s just dont run right,

I didn't say anything about a cub. I bet if you priced a 14mil cheetah it would be pretty close to a 10mil cub.

But on a side note I have seen a 14mil cub run VERY VERY well..

I have another frame laying around...and I would like to make a drag bike out of it, I was thinking cubs definatly but idk whether to go with a 4 mil or 10 mil...the 10 mil crank is alot more expensive and dont I have to trench the cases? Will the 4 mil fit right in or does it require mods too?, How much of a difference in speed is there between the 4mil and 10 mil? Is it worth my time and money to run the 10 mil? Thanks guys!

I have a 10mill cub drag ported. I never ran 300ft. I do have vids though of me running 500ft. If you would like me to post some let me know.

Brad

I didn't say anything about a cub. I bet if you priced a 14mil cheetah it would be pretty close to a 10mil cub.

But on a side note I have seen a 14mil cub run VERY VERY well..

keep in mind if you get a cheetah, you're going to need a new head, intakes, pipes, and carbs.....

i dont have one, but my buddy built one this year. he had k&t do the trenching ,head and domes. i thought he was crazy for all the cash he had in it for a dune/drag bike. we tried telling him long swing arm. he put a +6 on . ive rode it a hand full of times and.. damn !!! i had my legs wrapped on his shear pipes . didnt care if it burned.. just wanted to hold on.. like i said , i dont have one . but you need to set it up right. i told him he needed a pingel... a shop owner told him naaa... i had him call jeff , jeff said yes. well he didnt put one on and .. boom !!! about 5hrs on motor. he wants to drag it... i tried to tell him override.. naaa he wonders why his times arent the greatest. i just think if your going to go all out... then do it right. when i rode it , i could barely let go of the handle bar so i could shift. it is a bad machine , but its not set up right . my own .02

im not afraid to ask ?'s thats why i love this forum... but i listen to what people tell me.

i hope to have a 4mill cub ported one day... but i have to many projects. if your not planning to just drag... id go 4mill. his bike drinks gas !!!!!

glad to see you got your project bike together, you put some heart and soul in that bike !!!!