temperature gauge kit

Cory9584

If you're worried about vibrations, get a liquid filled one. I just copied this from a post on the CRJ's. People are having problems with them not working right.

QUOTE (spurdy @ Sep 28 2008, 06:03 AM)

I can not keep my CRJ guage working. The battery will not maintain contact to power the LCD. Thought about soldering the battery in place but didn't want to f**k with it. Think I'll try an inline guage unless there is a reliable surface mount gauge someone had used. I keep hearing of them failing due to vibration.

SP

Same problem I am having with my CRJ.

pulled the trigger on the JT ATV LED gauge kits, it was going to be about the same price to get a liquid filled mechanical gauge, and all of the other stuff i would need to install it. trailtech looks cool, but mounting would be a problem, and i have pretty much everything it does on my garmin etrex. plus with the trailtech, its 99 for the computer, then like another at least 50 for a mount/protector.

pulled the trigger on the JT ATV LED gauge kits, it was going to be about the same price to get a liquid filled mechanical gauge, and all of the other stuff i would need to install it. trailtech looks cool, but mounting would be a problem, and i have pretty much everything it does on my garmin etrex. plus with the trailtech, its 99 for the computer, then like another at least 50 for a mount/protector.

The problem with the CRJ Temp gauge wasn't vibration. It ended up being noise interference with the processor in the unit from the ignition. I have relocated the RTD farther away from the ignition (as close to the top of the radiator as possible) and the problem almost went away but not quite. The guys at CRJ are great and know there is an issue but don't have a solution yet. I am going to try to shield the cable and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I may tie in a switch to open the battery circuit since the way to reset it once it shuts down is to remove and reinstall the battery. I would do that with a switch to open and close the circuit. Or maybe I'll just get a better gauge! LOL.

SP

The problem with the CRJ Temp gauge wasn't vibration. It ended up being noise interference with the processor in the unit from the ignition. I have relocated the RTD farther away from the ignition (as close to the top of the radiator as possible) and the problem almost went away but not quite. The guys at CRJ are great and know there is an issue but don't have a solution yet. I am going to try to shield the cable and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I may tie in a switch to open the battery circuit since the way to reset it once it shuts down is to remove and reinstall the battery. I would do that with a switch to open and close the circuit. Or maybe I'll just get a better gauge! LOL.

SP

What spark plugs were you running. B8ES or BR8ES?

What spark plugs were you running. B8ES or BR8ES?

I have been running BP8ES plugs but I ran it previously with BR8ES plugs and had the same issue. Doesn't seem that the resistor in the plug makes any difference. I wanted to see if the BP plugs proved to output more HP (I heard that they did) however, I am not sure there was any difference.

SP