Any one use WSM Pistons

farmer

Yep.. :thumbsup:

Interesting...

If I remember, he doesn't use Blaster pistons in his 4 mils, but he said they're ok to use in 10 mils... That one kinda surprised me...

Yeah, Shane's bike ran good all year I'd say.

He bested my time last week at the track on a smaller motor with a heavier bike...

I have been running the wsm racing pistons (not the platinums) in my 4 mill for 2 seasons now with no problems. Also ran them in my engine prior to stroking it. The racing pistons are coated, have larger ports, and have an additional boost port. They run really well. I can't complain about them. When i get my cylinders back from F.A.S.T., i am going to put another set of WSM pistons in them. I have seen more wiseco failures over the years than WSM failures (probably because EVERYONE runs wiseco's). But i have seen alot (maybe 5 or 6) of wiseco pistons that the ring locating pin has backed out and destroyed a motor. Could be from overheating, but they still shouldn't come out. you would think the piston would melt and sieze first. Just my opinion.

they are both good pistons, i have seen a very small amount of weisco's fail, we ran only weisco pistons when we raced and i dont recall a single "failure". the only thing we had issues with are forged pistons cold seizing becasue of not lettng them warm up before pinning it. either way you go you wont be wrong

i bought a set for my rebuild last year and the ring gap seemed really big, called owner and he said that it was ok and he runs them in his. i have a thread some where on here about it. since i had a port job done i didnt take a chance on it, i still have the pistons and rings........ they are 40 over ill sell them cheap if somebody wants to try them.

A CAST piston NOT ME. When they let go, they let go. Skirts breaking off going into bottom end contaminating the crank possibly trashing the bearings on the crank. Every thing happens below the pin. Now you got to pull the motor split the cases to clean that mess up. A wiseco forged piston if anything lets go it's above the pin that lets go top end only has to be removed. Keep this in mind before you deside. If you still deside to go with a cast piston I'd go with pro-x

Edited by lonestar