APE HANGERS

BSHEE400

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost every banshee that i've seen pictures of has really high handle bars, some are even higher than the stock pieces of shit and then there's the extra height of the risers and i just want to know WHAT IS THE POINT??

when i ride i hang off the side almost sitting on my foot to keep as much weight as possible on the inside for faster cornering, so i run mx style 1 1/8" fatbars(almost flat) to help my positioning and shorten the distance i have to reach.

so why the ape hangers? is it to encourage you to sit up for a more comfortable position or what?

if you wanted to be comfortable you should have bought one of those lazy ass 4stroke things!!!

what ever it is your smokin, id like a hit

lazy ass 4 stroke things?? the seats on those things are so hard its like a dirtbike. i dont find them comfortable for more than like 15 minutes to be honest. sure the suspension is better and you dont feel the bumps as much but still.

the riding position on a banshee is one thing i really like about it. the big soft couch, and the bars are at a comfortable height so you dont have to reach down to them.

lazy ass 4 stroke things?? the seats on those things are so hard its like a dirtbike. i dont find them comfortable for more than like 15 minutes to be honest. sure the suspension is better and you dont feel the bumps as much but still.

the riding position on a banshee is one thing i really like about it. the big soft couch, and the bars are at a comfortable height so you dont have to reach down to them.

lol couch :cool:

If i were to ever buy a 450 i would have to get a different seat.

what the fuck are you talking about? where have you seen these pictures? i can pull up pictures of a hundred bikes on HQ and i bet none of them have these so called ape hangers..

i didn't mean actual ape hangers, i was taking the piss out of those bars with a similar rise pattern to the stock ones.

they were the first thing i replaced and scrapped that thumb throttle too

lol couch :cool:

If i were to ever buy a 450 i would have to get a different seat.

i actually shaved most of my seat foam down from the middle to the back to aid shifting my weight from side to side without catching on those big square edges, it's about an inch thick at the back.

but when i shaved it i had to fit a seamless gripper cover, it's not very comfortable but how long do you really sit down for any way

almost every banshee that i've seen pictures of has really high handle bars, some are even higher than the stock pieces of shit and then there's the extra height of the risers and i just want to know WHAT IS THE POINT??

when i ride i hang off the side almost sitting on my foot to keep as much weight as possible on the inside for faster cornering, so i run mx style 1 1/8" fatbars(almost flat) to help my positioning and shorten the distance i have to reach.

so why the ape hangers? is it to encourage you to sit up for a more comfortable position or what?

if you wanted to be comfortable you should have bought one of those lazy ass 4stroke things!!!

Anyone who actually owns/rides a quad knows that the more comfortable you are, the faster you can go.

Riding around on a quad that positions you as though you have your hands on your knees, bent over like you are waiting for your cell mate is as gay as the image I just put in your head.

Learn how to ride fast, and prove you can do so before you come around complaining about what everyone else's quad looks like.

im 6'5 and i have the stock banshee bars which are like a cr bend only not quite as tall. i put a +2 lone star steering stem on the quad and it made a WORLD on difference for my back. i can ride so much longer now standing up without my back and thighs hurting.

to top it off everyone who has rode my banshee loves the long stem. i have yet to meet a single person who disliked the posture of siting while actually standing up instead of squatting like a horse jockey.

when i go trail riding, the first people to tire out are the guys running drag stile bars or low profile bars. those kind of bars just dont work for trail riding where you have to stand or squat for 30 minutes at a time.

im 6'5 and i have the stock banshee bars which are like a cr bend only not quite as tall. i put a +2 lone star steering stem on the quad and it made a WORLD on difference for my back. i can ride so much longer now standing up without my back and thighs hurting.

to top it off everyone who has rode my banshee loves the long stem. i have yet to meet a single person who disliked the posture of siting while actually standing up instead of squatting like a horse jockey.

when i go trail riding, the first people to tire out are the guys running drag stile bars or low profile bars. those kind of bars just dont work for trail riding where you have to stand or squat for 30 minutes at a time.

your a lot bigger than me, i,m 5'9 and can reach the mx style bars no bother while standing up straight