what tors stuff to unhook

BK2564

Hey guys just picked up a shee. I searched the forum and cant find exactly what to unhook to get rid of the tors?? Im not looking into putting any money into it and buying the eliminator kit. Just what wires i have to unhook for it to still run without it?

Thanks

It would be best to get the kit so you can adjust the idle with the screws. Is the TORS messed up? Ive never taken it off without the kit so I dont know what to unhook.

thanks for the info guys...the problem im having with the bike is just in the low rpms it seems like the motor wants to shut off and quit, may just need some carb work tho. I uplugged one on the carbs while it was running and the bike died. I may have to look into the eliminator kit then.

Its a 96 fresh top-end about 20 mins. on it, pretty much stock got it for $1000

thanks for the info guys...the problem im having with the bike is just in the low rpms it seems like the motor wants to shut off and quit, may just need some carb work tho. I uplugged one on the carbs while it was running and the bike died. I may have to look into the eliminator kit then.

You need to unplug all of the components, not just one switch. The control unit will kill the power if a fault is detected in one of the switches.

It is worth the $59.99 for a TORS elimination kit. Toomey, Vito's, Motion Pro, etc. are fine, and appear to be comprised of the same components.

T.O.R.S. (throttle over ride system) its the big metal boxes on top of the stock carbs. they are supposed to kill the power if your throttle gets stuck wide open.

Not trying to thread jack, but when I look at TORS eliminator kits I see they say they work with stock carbs only. Is there a different version to work with upgraded carbs. I was considering this winter to go up to some 28mmPWKs but I am going to eliminate the TORS first on my stock carbs.

Not trying to thread jack, but when I look at TORS eliminator kits I see they say they work with stock carbs only. Is there a different version to work with upgraded carbs. I was considering this winter to go up to some 28mmPWKs but I am going to eliminate the TORS first on my stock carbs.

Only the stock carbs will have the eliminator kit available. ANy aftermarket carbs will not have the TORS eliminator kit and oyou will only need a new throttle cable. The eliminator kit will be the cheaper way to go. Otherwise just unplug all the TORS connectors and go from there....Should run just fine.

Only the stock carbs will have the eliminator kit available. ANy aftermarket carbs will not have the TORS eliminator kit and oyou will only need a new throttle cable. The eliminator kit will be the cheaper way to go. Otherwise just unplug all the TORS connectors and go from there....Should run just fine.

So upgraded carbs don't need the TORS removed since it doesn't have it on them? I figured I would need a new throttle cable. Just wanted to clear it up before I bought anymore parts for my bike.

So upgraded carbs don't need the TORS removed since it doesn't have it on them? I figured I would need a new throttle cable. Just wanted to clear it up before I bought anymore parts for my bike.

You are correct...When buying new carbs you will have to decide what size you want and buy two...You will have to let the guys at the shop know that you are putting them on a banshee so they can get the correct throttle cable for you...Or PM or call Jeff and FAST and see what he says. Jeff's name on here is FASTOYS