I found a new spark plug.

98'banshee

Spark plugs  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know you register on the HQ to start shooting the shit with people .....

Maybe discuss some helpfull performance tips and listen to what other say about this or that....

But advanced timing spark plugs? Come on i doubt very seriously the person who started this thread will be back to shoot the shit any more.

haha, do you my psychic? Just thought I would throw that out there......... :biggrin:

EDIT: And after correcting firehead, I just realized I put "my" instead of "mean" damnit, so much for that idea lol

....................literacy is overrated. :biggrin:

So far, I've learned that:

1. Champion plugs can give you a 2 degree ignition advance...I call it detonation or pre-ignition because the "lug" < :thumbsup: extends farther into the combustion chamber than needed. You get more "advance" the hotter the plug you run!!

2. They are a terrific value....$0.25 cheaper than those crappy NGKs.

3. Someone has invented a machine that allows you to track ignition advance independent of the actual ignition timing position.

4. Something I'd never thought about until now...new plugs give you more HP than old ones!!

I was gonna do a whole figuring out the distance light travels in the time it takes for a crank with a (rough) circumference of 565.2MM to move 2 degrees (about 3.14MM) which is .0000000001047391258928 of a second static, but without the RPM, I can't figure out the equation because it MUST be relative to crankshaft speed if it slows the passage of time to allow the spark to reach the tip faster than the speed of light unaided. Since the the speed of light is a constant that doesn't change, it must be due to a shift in relative time. Think Stargate.

More RPM = a greater slowing of time, which allows more advance.

Therefore, it can't just be a 2 degree advance, because it is obviously variable.

Thank you Stephen Hawking for that Brief History Of Time.

I was just thinking...If I run a couple of these plugs in series, I won't have to buy a timing plate to get my 4 degree advance!! Then I can buy even MORE plugs!! :yelrotflmao: Sweet....

Jay From San"D"

Ok, ...... now that everyone who thinks they know something about engines has posted, who has even tried it?????

Someone said that I just joined to start some shit with the members, but whoever stated that hasn't tried it because I know it works. WHO HAS TRIED IT?????????? Unless you have physically tried the YC's shut your yap and go buy some. I'm sick of every idiot with an opinion posting on my thread because they want be an arrogant @$$hole. I don't care what you think until you have gone out and put some in your shee, until then shut your yap and go somewhere else.

So far, I've learned that:

1. Champion plugs can give you a 2 degree ignition advance...I call it detonation or pre-ignition because the "lug" < :thumbsup: extends farther into the combustion chamber than needed. You get more "advance" the hotter the plug you run!!

2. They are a terrific value....$0.25 cheaper than those crappy NGKs.

3. Someone has invented a machine that allows you to track ignition advance independent of the actual ignition timing position.

4. Something I'd never thought about until now...new plugs give you more HP than old ones!!

I was gonna do a whole figuring out the distance light travels in the time it takes for a crank with a (rough) circumference of 565.2MM to move 2 degrees (about 3.14MM) which is .0000000001047391258928 of a second static, but without the RPM, I can't figure out the equation because it MUST be relative to crankshaft speed if it slows the passage of time to allow the spark to reach the tip faster than the speed of light unaided. Since the the speed of light is a constant that doesn't change, it must be due to a shift in relative time. Think Stargate.

More RPM = a greater slowing of time, which allows more advance.

Therefore, it can't just be a 2 degree advance, because it is obviously variable.

Thank you Stephen Hawking for that Brief History Of Time.

Ok, Since you brought up the fact that you KNOW that plugs don't give you power. When is the last time you had your engine on the dyno and put different sets of plugs on?????? Untill then shut your mouth.

Ok, ...... now that everyone who thinks they know something about engines has posted, who has even tried it?????

Someone said that I just joined to start some shit with the members, but whoever stated that hasn't tried it because I know it works. WHO HAS TRIED IT?????????? Unless you have physically tried the YC's shut your yap and go buy some. I'm sick of every idiot with an opinion posting on my thread because they want be an arrogant @$$hole. I don't care what you think until you have gone out and put some in your shee, until then shut your yap and go somewhere else.

Post positive proof...and you'll be the messiah of spark plugs.

Until then...not a single person, young or old, newbie or pro, believes you...

You say you know it works? Ok....fine, prove it.

Post positive proof...and you'll be the messiah of spark plugs.

Until then...not a single person, young or old, newbie or pro, believes you...

You say you know it works? Ok....fine, prove it.

You will have to wait I have to get the Dyno sheets from a friend, And It was proven on a snowmobile engine. Im just sick of everyone trying to be the first to jump on info but nobody is willing to try it, And for those who replied who havent tried it trying to cut me down are idiots. How can you cut down info if you cant say that you have tried it. dajogejr why don't you just go spend the $4 and get 2 plugs and try it since nobody else is smart enough to but try it? but do it on a trail bike and reply your thoughts just 1 F*%#ing person just go try it.

Edited by 98'banshee

You will have to wait I have to get the Dyno sheets from a friend, And It was proven on a snowmobile engine. Im just sick of everyone trying to be the first to jump on info but nobody is willing to try it, And for those who replied who havent tried it trying to cut me down are idiots. How can you cut down info if you cant say that you have tried it. dajogejr why don't you just go spend the $4 and get 2 plugs and try it since nobody else is smart enough to but try it? but do it on a trail bike and reply your thoughts just 1 F*%#ing person just go try it.

Simple...

You will never, ever feel or see 2HP where it counts. On a track, any track, period.

It was snowmobile guys that said they fouled them out all the time.

What is the reason it advanced the timing 2 degrees?

O.K smart ass, Some have tried to be polite and say show the proof of the two degree advance in timing.

Simply put, your timing is NOT gonna advance with a plug change. You may get an increase in hp. ( minimal if any) but not enough that your gonna feel the difference.

You may have done something as simply as had a different gap on the "new" verses " old" plugs and that showed a difference in hp on a dyno.

There again, a dyno reading isnt shit, Rider ability is the better part of racing. As for the two degree difference, Any of us who REALLY race dont care about the two degree`s by only a plug change. We look for consistancy, and are always working on our own bikes anyway ( changing the timing, With a PLATE).

Most of us have more $$ into the motor than others have in their whole bike, SO the proven and tried plugs are the way to go. BR9ES.

Peace out

Edited by dynodon

I was just thinking...If I run a couple of these plugs in series, I won't have to buy a timing plate to get my 4 degree advance!! Then I can buy even MORE plugs!! :yelrotflmao: Sweet....

Jay From San"D"

I'm tellin' ya................it's all about moving you ignition box 2 inches to the left or your coil three inches ot the right. You will make eleventy billion horsepower with that setup. I think you might have to account for the angle of the dangle and the heat of the beat as well though. :biggrin:

Ok, Since you brought up the fact that you KNOW that plugs don't give you power. When is the last time you had your engine on the dyno and put different sets of plugs on?????? Untill then shut your mouth.

It is funny that you ask that. I have access to a motorcycle dyno and all the dyno time I want 5 miles from my house. Honestly, I probably use the dyno every couple of months...and have for years.

I put a new set of plugs in my ZX10r and saw minimal HP change. I consider 2 HP insignificant...but, hey- 2 is 2 and it was old vs. new!!

Did you know that new, fresh oil causes a loss of HP? Yep...that beat up thinned out old oil works better!! I proved that with my ZX7 and the trusty Dyno. I'll still change my oil every 2000 though.

Another one I like is that tire pressure causes changes in HP. A harder tire gives a better HP reading on a dyno.

The mod that made the most difference on the dyno was with my ZX9r comparing before and after I changed the chain/sprocket set. 120HP before and 129HP after the change. That is like-10%, but it was really worn badly.

There can be a million variables, including the "corrected" HP figures everyone throws around.

But you still can't explain how a spark plug change can alter the ignition timing to fire before electronics allow it to discharge. As you tell it, by nature it would have to be variable by RPM if the end result has somehow been accelerated from the device that pulls that trigger. For example, if it was 2 degrees at say, 8000 RPM, then it would have to be 1 degree at 4000 RPM and so on, unless it was variable. Instead, you just claim a 2 degree advance period. Would this be at idle or at a higher RPM?

See man, I'm not being a dick. I'm just asking you reasonable questions to answers you should already have to back up the claims you assert.

I like to learn, maybe you have/had something to offer but telling you to shut your mouth doesn't "learn me." :happy:

Nothing personal man. You have to admit, the slowing of time due to rotational speed thing was kinda funny though :biggrin: ....

Lighten up...

Edited by jayzx750

what i find amazing is no one in the world has ever figured this out, just wait till every race team finds out, maybe i can sell some magic plugs to them i bet they belive yu as much as we do, a plug cant not possibly advance your timing, it will not fire until it has voltage sent to it from your ignition system, it just dont fire when it wants to

Ok i can't belave i just read this hole dame thing.

1. I needed this laugh real bad.

2. What ever this guy or kid is smoking send me some. my friends will love it.

3. No way in this world with a plug change timing.

4. just to shut ur a$$ up i went and get one plug adn put it in my kx250 and bet the shit out of it racen my friends that i have raced before no difference exept the peace of shit plug fould on me. thank god i wasn't dume and didn't leave the house with my br8es.

5. please post dyno sheets with this differrence sure one of ur friends didn't stick a little race gas in the bike on you when not looking. :evil:

peace out to a funny guy good laughs.