Server Downtime - Explanation

Lee

As most of you know, the BansheeHQ was down from (most of) July 27 until today, July 30.

The temporary site I had up explained that the server was down for maintenance and to move the server.

The BHQ wasn't down for site updates. Unfortunately. Otherwise it would have been worth the wait for everyone, myself included.

However, the site went down in order to move the server from the data center in Miami Florida to a new data center in Tampa.

Eventually I'll be hosting the server at my offices but more on that later.

What was supposed to be a 12-14 hour transition, took the data center techs over 3 days to complete. These details are being worked out between myself and the data center, as I am not pleased with the downtime.

I appreciate your understanding, and would like to assure that anytime a downtime occurs, I use all resources available to get the site back to operational status as quickly as possible.

-Lee

I think it was time for some change, Lee.

Lately, in the past few months...the site has been God awful slow..resulting in a lot of double posting (hitting new reply or new thread more than once while waiting) and a lot of timeouts.

If this change is going to make the board move better...I'm all for it.

I was more bored at work than usual...however...:)

I agree with Dave. If its even a little bit faster then it was worth it. However, I too was bored as hell when I got on the internet. I kept checking about every 10 seconds to see if it was working yet haha. All the other sites are boring to me and ebay gets old after about 10 minutes

I started going into withdrawal. For a second I didn't think there was enough beer to last me the weekend. My shee is blown up right now and I need something to read while I save some cash for upgrades. BHQ is my homepage so everytime I went on the internet I was bummed lol. Glad to see it back up and running and hopefully it will move a little quicker.

up and running. kickin a$$ and taking names again. glad you got the site going again. even my wife was like man i wonder whats going on? this isnt normal. that was weird hearing that from her. seems like when i get on here she's always got something for me to do. oh well. lifes back to norm. now. thanks lee.

Hey guys...

Am I the only one...or does the banshee hq header load real, real slow?

I love the pics and our riders on there...but it just seems to take a while to paint that.

I have two T1s at work and a Cable 6Mb/s Down connection at home...speed is not my problem....

Hey guys...

I love the pics and our riders on there...but it just seems to take a while to paint that.

I have two T1s at work and a Cable 6Mb/s Down connection at home...speed is not my problem....

Its not only you. The site itself still isnt moving any faster, only gets worse every month! All these nerds with banshees keep slowing us down :woot: The site keeps growing and unfortunately the site keeps getting more and more flooded. I'll always be here Lee, i know your trying to speed things up! Keep up the good work.

Eric :beer:

Hey guys...

yeah its cause the images are huge, some almost 200k. and i dont know what script hes using for rotating it, but it almost looks like they load on top of the previous one. the file sizes should be waaaay smaller though.