jetting is a mod?

While surfing the forums i look at people sigs. I see jet kits, jetted, rejetted etc in there. IMO, i dont think any of those are mods. I think a bike should be jetted correctly no matter what. I mean hell, all bikes are jetted, some just arent done right though. What do you guys think?

While surfing the forums i look at people sigs. I see jet kits, jetted, rejetted etc in there. IMO, i dont think any of those are mods. I think a bike should be jetted correctly no matter what. I mean hell, all bikes are jetted, some just arent done right though. What do you guys think?

Heh...I think that like me tonight, you've got too much time on your hands and are thinking too deeply about these things.

Now...back to why "Phonetics" isn't spelled like it sounds.

=]

i would say that it's not a mod. it's something that you adjust to compensate for any mods and keep it running properly. that is jetting's only real benefit, therefore it is not a mod, only an adjustment. otherwise i could brag about having a tightened chain, soft clutch, and tight brakes as mods. :huh:

hey bud, you must have too much time on your hands. but then again, i took the time to answer your question also. sad, isn't it. :laugh:

it sounds good to people that don`t know. i had a guy looking at a harley i was selling a while back, he said start her up, i started it, 5 seconds after it was running, he put his hand in front of the exhaust and asked me if i jetted it recently.i told him GOODBYE, and pushed it back into the garage.

this is kind of a semantic topic, but anyways,

i think of it as a mod. when you grab a set of dyno jet or toomey needles that are different than stock for example.

the other thing is that huge ammounts of power can be had or lost with jetting changes. people that constantly fuck with their carbies to get the maximum power diserve to list jetting as a mod.

hell i wasted a dozen sparkplugs by cutting them apart when i finally arrived at my current jetting, which everyone seems to think is far too lean, but ask gary, dave or chase how quick my bike is.

know what else i think is a mod, reliability mods. like magnetic drain plug, etc. you probably dont think thats a mod either, but thats what makes the site great., the difference of opinions.

it sounds good to people that don`t know. i had a guy looking at a harley i was selling a while back, he said start her up, i started it, 5 seconds after it was running, he put his hand in front of the exhaust and asked me if i jetted it recently.i told him GOODBYE, and pushed it back into the garage.

lets all put tire air pressure in our sigs as well.

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

I think this is a good thread Cody, it brought up good response.

But do agree that it isn't a mod but when your talking to a dumbass i always add that i have a jet kit....lol

Kind of ironic, I just went to the stealership to get my race gas for the upcoming week and they had a 2000 banshee sitting outside for sale with the following mods.

T-5's

K&N

Coolhead

JETTED

If the dealership says its a mod, YOU KNOW ITS A MOD! :down:

I dont think of it as a mod more of an adjustment really but it is a drastic adjustment to help air/fuel into your motor making sure its not gonna blow up. I do find it helpfull seeing what elevation, Mods, and jetting people have in their sig. It can help you out so your guess factor isent your only option.

Furthermore, when people include the alitiude to which it's jetted. Who really fuckin cares? Do people say, 'oh man what jets should I run? I know lets look at so and so's sig!' probably fuckin not.

i see it as a waste of my time to scroll through such things.

now another good topic, boobs are good.