St. Anthonys

mackdawg

hey guys im from Southern Alberta and i've had a banshee for a few years now and i just got a 400cc strocker kit put in to it.

Neways i was asking around here where some good dune riding was down in the states and i was told St. Anthonys in idaho, and was wondering if this place was worth the 10 hour drive down their. And i also was wonder what size paddles i should have for going down their and if i need something special to ride dunes.

thanks

pat

hey guys im from Southern Alberta and i've had a banshee for a few years now and i just got a 400cc strocker kit put in to it.

Neways i was asking around here where some good dune riding was down in the states and i was told St. Anthonys in idaho, and was wondering if this place was worth the 10 hour drive down their. And i also was wonder what size paddles i should have for going down their and if i need something special to ride dunes.

thanks

pat

Definately worth the drive. I'm from Edmonton so for us it's about 14 hours. We've been there a few times now and we're heading back again in Aug. Wicked dunes and awesome hills. As far as paddles... there are a lot of choices. Skat-tracs are the way to go for the best traction... probably a 8 or 9 paddle hauler. The first time I was there we used Kenda Traker's and we still got around ok but they suck compared to Skat's.

Sweet thanks guys, yea im from calgary so yea i'll have to go find my jets :P

so does ne one wanna go on a road trip some time this summer? hah

I'll be heading down there from Edmonton Aug 18-25. There is 4 of us going so far. We're staying at The Sandhills campgrounds.

I'll be heading down there from Edmonton Aug 18-25. There is 4 of us going so far. We're staying at The Sandhills campgrounds.

sick yea thats when me and my bro where thinking of goin down their... maybe we could arange something

I am from Edmonton, and have been going to St Anthony's for about 10 years. It is definately worth the drive. Was just down there for memorial day. Awsome. You will not be disapointed, it is definately worth the drive. Hope to get there again in August. Maybe see some of you down there.

We just got back yesterday from there.. Check out my pics and vid in the pics and vid sections.. The place is GREAT and we actually even stay at Sand Hills resort when we go too.. VERY nice place but be warned that it is a LONG haul to Devils dune or choke cherry. So far that in order to get there on a Banshee, play around and come back may require you to haul extra fuel.. Place is fun though and the people we meet there anually from Canada kick ass.. They are 14 hours from St. A's but have no problem drivin it.. One group with us drove 28 hours from Texas..

RIPPEN

Ya it is about 14 hours for us. We usually leave right after work and drive all night and get there in the morning, go for a quick breakfast and then off to go riding. Usually the same on the way home, ride till about 5 or 6 and then another all nighter to get home. The usuall good thing is there is not a lot of traffic on the roads in the middle of the night.