450 KIts!

2003LimitedBanshee

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a setup from him, and it installed great. The only issue I see is the steering stops on the stock steering stem do not contact soon enough, so the rim contacts the front a arm if you do a full lock turn, but in all honesty, this setup will turn circles around any OEM setup today.

Just a thought. Selling products on BansheeHQ and not giving a little back to Lee. IMO you should become a Premium Member if your going to profit off the forum. Anyone agree ??

I agree with this statement. If it wasn't for the HQ, he wouldn't be selling as many kits as he already probably has. :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

Yes time is a bit difficult to come by, but I am trying to keep up as best as possible. I do offer complete conversions that are ready to bolt on. Shocks have been harder to come by lately, but I currently have two kits in stock that include upper and lower a-arms, my exclusive spacer/sleeves made for this conversion and the option to upgrade to NOSS tie rods (highly recommended!). Complete kits, less shocks, are going for $335 shipped via UPS ground to the lower 48. That price includes the NOSS tie rods I mentioned above, a $40 option.

As far as a Premium membership is concerned, I see the link above my posting right now, so I will definitely check it out. I haven't sold a great number of complete kits, 6-8 so far I think, more parts for the conversion, which have a pretty small margin. But, as I recall the Premium membership is pretty cheap. True, without the HQ, I would have been lucky to sell one. :beer: Thanks for all the interest guys! - Brian

As far as a Premium membership is concerned, I see the link above my posting right now, so I will definitely check it out. I haven't sold a great number of complete kits, 6-8 so far I think, more parts for the conversion, which have a pretty small margin. But, as I recall the Premium membership is pretty cheap. True, without the HQ, I would have been lucky to sell one. Thanks for all the interest guys! - Brian

thats cool man. Support the BHQ. I was a premium member last year but it ran out, i was just trying to re-sign back up a few days ago and I could not get the link to work, it took me to a page where it tole me the yearly price was $30, but I couldnt sign up for the life of me. I'll have to re-sign up tho asap.

• 4 weeks later...
I almost forgot, I am still offering the modification service for anyone that has 450 arms they have purchased but would like to save the hassle, measuring and worry by sending them to me to be modified. Just a quick reminder, for $125 I will modify your lower arms using my jigs, Thanks! - Brian

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you have to do to the 450 lower arms when you modify them?

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you have to do to the 450 lower arms when you modify them?

To make a long story short, you trim the front of the front a-arm mount and the rear of the rear a-arm mount. The trick is in the measurement of the modification. In order for it to work, you have to be very specific in how much you cut off of each arm to allow it to fit, but not so much that you create slop. That's why I created a jig that mounts to my metal saw; it allows me to slide the arm in and cut to the exact measurement each time. There is also a modification performed to the lower bushing and install the spacer/sleeves. Hopefully that gives you a decent picture without an overload of info. - Brian

I have a question- What kind of camber/caster numbers are you getting from installing the 450 A-arms onto the banshee with the mods you make to them? I'm very interested in the details and possibly getting a kit if the numbers sound good.

Thanks

Good question! I actually haven't ever calculated the numbers, but could estimate them with a bit of time. I'm actually out of town for a car show, but I could look at it next week. At first guess I would speculate camber is going to be in the -3* range and caster will be at about 1.5* or so. But, i do not have a front end rack to truly calculate it, but I can get close with the tools I have. Thanks for the interest! - Brian