450 KIts!

2003LimitedBanshee

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so the guy contacts me and says he sent out the arms, so I am anxiously looking for them in the mail. once in my possession, I will ship them directly to you for the service along with a check for the service. sound good.

Sounds great John, bear in mind that I will be leaving on the 22nd, approximately one week from today, so hopefully the timing will work out. Beyond that point, I know I will be back at my shop on the 27th of October, with a slight possibility of being able to get back down on the 13th, but that is just a one day break and it is an eight hour round trip drive back and forth, so I can't guarantee I will be back on that date. I am more than happy to do the work, I just want to make you aware of my schedule. Hopefully everything will all work out with the timing of it all. Thanks! - Brian

Sounds great John, bear in mind that I will be leaving on the 22nd, approximately one week from today, so hopefully the timing will work out. Beyond that point, I know I will be back at my shop on the 27th of October, with a slight possibility of being able to get back down on the 13th, but that is just a one day break and it is an eight hour round trip drive back and forth, so I can't guarantee I will be back on that date. I am more than happy to do the work, I just want to make you aware of my schedule. Hopefully everything will all work out with the timing of it all. Thanks! - Brian

I will just hold onto the arms then, because I still have not received them. I will hit you up at the end of october or early november when your schedule clears up a bit and you have more time. hit me back up when you get back.

I will just hold onto the arms then, because I still have not received them. I will hit you up at the end of october or early november when your schedule clears up a bit and you have more time. hit me back up when you get back.

John, why don't we try and plan to do up the arms at the end of october. My academy actually lasts 9 months, so we don't want to wait until it's over to modify them. I will let you know when it gets a bit closer, but let's try and get them to my shop about the third week of october and i can modify the the weekend of the 27th. Thanks! - Brian

John, why don't we try and plan to do up the arms at the end of october. My academy actually lasts 9 months, so we don't want to wait until it's over to modify them. I will let you know when it gets a bit closer, but let's try and get them to my shop about the third week of october and i can modify the the weekend of the 27th. Thanks! - Brian

Sounds good. I hope to hear from you when it gets closer.

Are your Noss tie rods, banshee specific or YFZ specific? Just curious to know.

Both I suppose would be the correct answer. They are specific to the banshee in that you can use your stock rod ends, but made to the specific length for installation of the YFZ arms on the banshee. Sorry for the crappy response, I'm actually stealing a last dunes trip before academy and trying to keep current from my iPhone. Thanks! - Brian

Both I suppose would be the correct answer. They are specific to the banshee in that you can use your stock rod ends, but made to the specific length for installation of the YFZ arms on the banshee. Sorry for the crappy response, I'm actually stealing a last dunes trip before academy and trying to keep current from my iPhone. Thanks! - Brian

OK well my parts arrived today, and they came off a limited edition YFZ450 because they are a flat black which is cool because I was gonna go black on them, but might hold off and powdercoat them gloss black in the future. Let me know in october when you want me to ship them to you so I can send them out to you and I would like the full service including your bushings, and the Noss tie rods for the project. Thanks again for being a stand up guy, I have been running into more and more flakers when it comes to picking up parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tearing down my shee this winter and it's time to powder coat. My friend got your 450 a-arm kit and it looks great, but his shocks are still stock length for the banshee. This leaves him 4" lower than stock. I'm interested in getting the 450 setup for my machine. Do you know, or could you tell me the measurement from the ground to the center of the lower a-arm bolt at the frame so I will know @ my final ride height with the 450 shocks? Also do you have any newer shocks, compression and rebound style like on the SE? I'd like to polish the shocks and send the arms and springs to powdercoat.

• 2 weeks later...
Would 18 inch elkas (eye to eye) be too long to run on a 450 frontend that is on a banshee?

they would probably work pretty good. i ran 16 - 1/2 " tcs shocks on my front end with the yfz 450 a arm set up and it was about an inch to an inch and a half under stock ride height because ofthe sag. i would imagine the elka 18 inch w sag would be perfect. dont know until you try, so go for it and let us know.

• 2 months later...

Alright everyone, I am back from my fire academy and ready to start turning out kits for all that are interested again!!! First my apologies, my internet access was much more restrictive than I anticipated; meaning I was unable to access any of my PM's or the internet in general for that matter! At any rate, I AM BACK at my shop, I have to kits sitting on the shelf with what looks to be a promising core parts deal in the works, so that I can keep them coming and ready to go out to you! It's the new year, time to get your suspension up to date; let me be the one to help you out! Ask around, I'm sure you will find that past customers have been highly satisfied with all of my products and the workmanship that I put into these kits. Thanks! - Brian

I almost forgot, I am still offering the modification service for anyone that has 450 arms they have purchased but would like to save the hassle, measuring and worry by sending them to me to be modified. Just a quick reminder, for $125 I will modify your lower arms using my jigs, modify the bushings, install my spacers and cover ground shipping back to you! You ARE responsible for the shipping of the lowers out to me, and the core parts of course, but that's it. Also, I can pair this service with a set of NOSS tie rods for just a bit more; this service/kit sells for $160, everything is the same! So, if you don't have the tools, the time or just don't want to mess with it, let me set you up and getting you riding on your conversion. Thanks! - Brian

• 1 month later...