ok seriously...

CRAZY-SHEE!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i run a 6 on mine and my buddy runs a 4 and we both have a 423 w 4ml stroker 35mm carbs milled head all the crap that goes along with it and when i ride his i cant tell a diffrence if it where uo to me i say fuck it and go for the 6 plus it looks sick streched out.

Whoever told you that you need a +8" arm should be drug out and beaten with a shovel. You olny need a +2 or a +4 arm if you have even the slightest amount of two stroke riding experience.

I'm with FireHead! +2 or +4 for sure.

Holly crap................people are actually sharing the same opinion with me with regard to swingarm length. I think that may be a first.

First time for everything man! LOL

i had a +4 on my 4mil with ported 404 big bore kit and loved it i ride fire road and some tight trails here in va the tight trails are really tight its a little work but nothing that makes you say i wish i hadnt bought this4 and got a 2 swinger and it will more than make up for itself on the fireroads and hill climbs a +2 is a waist in my bookyou might as well stay stock and make shore its a round house style

I'd run +2 if it were me... I wouldn't use anything longer then a +4

here is a pic of my +2 duner bansheeP1010221web.jpg

i wouldnt go more than 4" max

those are nice bikes. what is the exhaust on the banshee, it looks sweet :thumbsup:

i wouldnt go more than 4" max

those are nice bikes. what is the exhaust on the banshee, it looks sweet :thumbsup:

They are nice bikes, but I would drag the shee on the sand any day. Even on a stock bike and feel pretty good. Reason.... paddles are on backwards. Just had to point it out, sorry man...

Your one word answer from me would be>>>No<<<

However, my reasoning requires a bit more that one word... :geek:

My barely founded opinion is that shorter = better turning/handling while longer = better straight line stability/drag launches.

In the motorcycle world, they design sportbikes with the shortest wheel base possible to facilitate seamless canyon carving and effortless directional changes. Have you ever ridden a chopper?? They go straight effortlessly, but things get kinda exciting when you attempt a sharp U turn... They don't WANT to turn at all. Directional changes for them is not unlike what sunlight is to vampires. :cool:

On a quad, the weight is also shifted to the front with the longer swinger...the opposite of a Road Oiler (read HD) Chopper.

The MX guys run shorter than stock because the change in CG (Center of Gravity) lightens the front for better jumping, transfers weight to the rear for better traction/hook up, and allows better turning with a shorter wheelbase and lower HP they have...compared to the full on Draggers. They are all about turning on demand...like a sport bike.

The Duner Sand riders/Trail riders seem to prefer stock length (or close to it) because of the F/R weight bias works well for power sliding and it is a good compromise of characteristics.

The Drag and Sand Draggers like longer because they can just dump the clutch and minimize wheelies + run straight line better as they are pretty much WOT (Wide Open Throttle) at a hill or track that doesn't have turns in combination with the crazy HorsePower some of these guys have!!

I have limited experience in that my 'shee has a +2" swinger that I think is juuuusssssttt perfect for the sand, but I've ridden 2 stock length swinger 'shees that turned bitchin and I +6" swinger 'shee that I thought kinds sucked for anything but dragging up the hill at Glamis. I'm sure part of this was the fact that the kid had his suspension set up for his 150lb scrawny ass!! Add 35 more for me!! It probably would have been cool if it had another 100HP though...

I look at is as though either extreme end of the swinger length window makes your "shee more specialized in that one particular arena...whether it be MX or Drag...with trails being mid-ground. To "improve" at one end of the MX/Drag spectrum has an equal or greater negative consequence on the other end.

You get nothing for free, Grasshopper...

Once you decide which of the 3 types of riding you're most similar to, you can "Choose Wisely" and reap the benifits of aftermarket mods!! Don't forget about that rear shock if you do go long...

:thumbsup: I just make this up as I go along!! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps you decide....

Jay From SanD.

Edited by jayzx750