Cant decide on a set of pipes

like i said cant decide. first off the bike has fmf fattys now, carbs bored to 28mm with filter pods, bottem end is stock, top is 40 over, cyclinders being ported as I type wich I guees will be a something like a drag port. Told him to go all out on port work and yes they are being welded. the head is being milled down to around 180psi compression with straight race fuel. just cant decide on a set of pipes though and was wanting some opinions. leaning twords CPI in frames.

Our in-frame pipe is HUGE! It is the best all around pipe on the market. Using our snowmobile FAT pipe technology, we built this pipe to have a big midrange hit and pull, with incredible top end! These pipes work extremely well with ported motors. The mufflers are custom built with a CNC Billet aluminum end cap so that it won't blow out or fall apart! NOTE: The 350 pipes will work on motors from 350's up to about a 430cc. For 440cc motors and above we do offer a big bore version of the inframe pipe.

post-11249-1175988406.jpg

Edited by chevdodge

like i said cant decide. first off the bike has fmf fattys now, carbs bored to 28mm with filter pods, bottem end is stock, top is 40 over, cyclinders being ported as I type wich I guees will be a something like a drag port. Told him to go all out on port work and yes they are being welded. the head is being milled down to around 180psi compression with straight race fuel. just cant decide on a set of pipes though and was wanting some opinions. leaning twords CPI in frames.

Our in-frame pipe is HUGE! It is the best all around pipe on the market. Using our snowmobile FAT pipe technology, we built this pipe to have a big midrange hit and pull, with incredible top end! These pipes work extremely well with ported motors. The mufflers are custom built with a CNC Billet aluminum end cap so that it won't blow out or fall apart! NOTE: The 350 pipes will work on motors from 350's up to about a 430cc. For 440cc motors and above we do offer a big bore version of the inframe pipe.

I recommend cpi as well. I have them and I need jetting to run right, but when that top end hits, hold on. They sond real good too

cpi's run good road trueraiderfan's and i would put them on my next shee and sound great I told him after rideing with him I was jelouse of his sound and I think they are a little cheaper than most if you look around I run trinity stage 4 pipes also good and look great I would do CPI Jeff at F.A.S.T sells them I think

We did test Shearer's pipe, we ask for a ordinary pipe they sell on the internet. The other day we asked for a costume pipe, for a costumer bike's, 7hp gain. That's was a fully drag bike.

If you have the money, don't bother with market pipe, ask CPI or Shearer for a costume pipe, you won't regret it.

good advice, if you are going to spend money get the good shit & if you like to ride you won't regret it, ever, sounds like your shee is going to hall balls man post some pics so we can all see it when it's done :thumbsup:

So what has more top end pull shearer or rocket pipes?

dont mean to thread jack just curious cause a set of pipes will be my next invenstment

A pipe can't give you, what you're engine is suppose to give, if you want top-end power, you'll need porting in consequence, don't search for a pipe that will gives you, the most top-end. I think they are going to give the same amount of power. If you're thinking about porting your engine, maybe thinking more seriously, if not, you're wasting you're time.

A pipe can't give you, what you're engine is suppose to give, if you want top-end power, you'll need porting in consequence, don't search for a pipe that will gives you, the most top-end. I think they are going to give the same amount of power. If you're thinking about porting your engine, maybe thinking more seriously, if not, you're wasting you're time.

i some what agree but some of this isnt fully correct. its kinda half of what needs to be said.

pipes will deffinatly give you top end power... porting only will not do much if you dont have pipes to match it... you can open one side up ( intake or exhaust) but if the other is choking the motor your defeating the purpose.

i have never heard rockets being nearly the top end pipe that shearers pump out