put another 3$ in the truck

As usual, i went to the local convenience store today to get some gas for my bikes. I just gave the young girl a 20 and told her $15 on the red truck. I put exactly 4 gallons in the 5 gallon container and the rest on my tuck. There's a reason for that of course.

In previous trips to the gas station, I tried to tell them i need 4 gallons of premium on lets say pump #2. Well, that's too hard for them to figure out. One time, a girl pulled out the calculator(no big deal, i'd use one too) and did the price x 4. She forgot the 9/10ths of a cent but hey, no biggie.

Im wondering if any of you guys who prepay go through this.

Edited by RagunCajun

i dont understand what your saying?! :confused:

I guess it was more of a rant. I was just saying here, the clerks cant figure out how much 4 gallons of gas is. Since they cant, i have to pay more than that and put the rest in my truck. Yeah....kinda pointless thread but just thought id share. :cool:

i feel your pain they cant even give you change back with out typing it into the cash register hell they will never be able to figure out the price per gallon thats way to hard. im lucky where im at you dont have to pre pay just pump what you want. i hate debit cards and will never use them

Damn, you can fill your cans and then your truck. Shit, our pumps (CFN) shut off at $100 and that dont even fill my tank, then I have put my card back in and do it all ove again. When I fill my cans and my diesel, I spend an easy $150-175 bucks. And they say it may go up above $4.00 a gallon here in Cali. Man I gotta get out of this F!&$@# state.................

ya that pre pay shit is such a pain in the ass when i went down to vegas this year from canada i was like what the fuck is this pre pay shit.I'm just glad that we don't have that yet in canada but i can see it coming with the higher fuel prices/people not wanting to pay them. p.s you get what you pay for and most of these kids are gettin 6 8 bucks an hour so i guess thats why. oh ya regular fuel is buck a liter here

Edited by chronicwatson

I hear what your saying but you also gotta understand what your dealing with.

There's a reason they are working a cash register at a gas station.....and even if they were good at math....for what they are getting paid, do you really expect them to try to hard?

i wouldnt know how stupid gas station operators are, i never go in the places. i awalys use a credit or debit card at the pump. its way safer than paying with cash. the last time i actually used cashwas at the last cr motorsports drag race, i had to pay $30 to drag race. what was that a month ago?