vforce vs boyseen

MoBanshee

Honestly, I don't think the average rider will notice a difference. I rode VF#s on a banshee with similar mods to mine with Rads, and I couldn't tell a difference. A lot of people will tell you the Rads are better anyway, but like I said, I couldn't tell a difference.

There is a thread about ths from a while back with all sorts of technical info either way. The main point that I noticed was that Boyesen actually uses a flow bench in the deisgn of the Rad Valves, while V Force does not.

The Rads are a lot cheaper, and you probably won't notice a difference, my vote is for the Rads!

Honestly, I don't think the average rider will notice a difference. I rode VF#s on a banshee with similar mods to mine with Rads, and I couldn't tell a difference. A lot of people will tell you the Rads are better anyway, but like I said, I couldn't tell a difference.

There is a thread about ths from a while back with all sorts of technical info either way. The main point that I noticed was that Boyesen actually uses a flow bench in the deisgn of the Rad Valves, while V Force does not.

The Rads are a lot cheaper, and you probably won't notice a difference, my vote is for the Rads!

Thanks bro for that info and its wierd to hear u say most would say the Rads over the v3's I thought it would be just the oppisite but thats cool, once again thanks man.

iv got the boyseen power reeds on ported reedcages and i could notic a big differenc over stock that is. so for the 50 it will cost you to get some reed peddle and bolt them on vs the 200 or more you spend on Vforce i would take the cheap route. i know im probably not getting all the power i could have with the vforce but i could tell a big difference over stock. plus i got them for free :thumbsup:

Do a search on the topic on this site. I think this debate has been done a few different times. :thumbsup:

With that said, I'll throw out a brief version of my opinion. I believe that the Boyesen RAD vlaves are a better product than the VF reed valves. I have run both on an engine dyno and on the particular engine the Boyesen product made a bit more power over a broader range. The performance gains that can be had with either product really depends on which valve's opening profile better suits your engine (when all else fails ask your engine builder which valves their engines do better with). For larger engines with larger carbs, the VF reed valves are probably better. My dig against VF valves is that the development work that goes into them is alot more trial and error than is acceptable to me (I have personally visited both companies). However, a positive for Moto Tassinari, is that they have one of the best fiber reinforced plastic injection molding facilities in the world.

To make myself sound even stranger, I am currently running VF3's on my bike and am designing my triple to run VF3's as well. :shoothead:

send your stockers out to james at the banshee connection.(number in my sig) hell port them and fill them with new stock reeds for 35 bucks. Best bang for buck right there, I got it done and noticed a substantial difference!

I think this gets asked so often because of how much contradictory information gets posted.

You hear all these people who "asbolutly love" their v3's or rad valves w/e. Then in the same thread you have people they blew their motor because of the cage, or it sucks compared to the other. I don't see how there can be so much god damn variability in the same brand cages that some peoples come apart and loose reeds or w/e and others are going on years of use and are just fine. I guess it has to be user instalation error. :unsure:

I've been doing a lot of searching trying to compare the v-force, g-3, rad valve, pyramid, and haven't come up with anything concrete other then about 1/4'th to 1/3'rd of v-force owners hate them and have had problems. Everyone else seems to love whatever reed cage they have and think it's the best so I guess you can't really go wrong. :mellow:

I think this gets asked so often because of how much contradictory information gets posted.

You hear all these people who "asbolutly love" their v3's or rad valves w/e. Then in the same thread you have people they blew their motor because of the cage, or it sucks compared to the other. I don't see how there can be so much god damn variability in the same brand cages that some peoples come apart and loose reeds or w/e and others are going on years of use and are just fine. I guess it has to be user instalation error. :unsure:

I've been doing a lot of searching trying to compare the v-force, g-3, rad valve, pyramid, and haven't come up with anything concrete other then about 1/4'th to 1/3'rd of v-force owners hate them and have had problems. Everyone else seems to love whatever reed cage they have and think it's the best so I guess you can't really go wrong. :mellow:

Yea, James (the banshee connection) has told me of some problems with the VF3s. I dont know, but he told me the VFs have problems in the low-mid range throttle area. Some sort of issue with loading up. He runs ported stockers in all his drag bikes, tried and true...

That being said, Ill stick with ported stockers. stock reeds are a dime a dozen, and Ibe heard too many horror stories of with the VFs breaking, etc.. as you mentioned.... JMO

In the spirit of keeping it real: really isn't much of a differenc between a RAD valve and a VF3. It mostly about what you think is sexier. If you really want to hack at the issue, both cage design have slightly different opening and closing profiles.

As far as people losing a moter because of their cage choice, I think that is all b.s. Assuming everything was properly installed a reed cage has about as much of a chance as one of those Scary Fast Power Now valves does. :confused:

I just installed v3s in my R and noticed a good difference in the mid range to top end. Seems to be a little lean in the top. The bottom seems the same. I switched em out with pyramid reed set up that is supposed to be the bomb in low end throtle response. The banshee I ported out my self and put carbon tech reeds in. These were a big gain over stock and ran a little rich with that change.

The banshee I ported out my self and put carbon tech reeds in. These were a big gain over stock and ran a little rich with that change.

I suppose this is what Trick2stroke was talking about. The statements made here really do not lend themselves to any sort of analytical discussion. Past that, if the engine was tuned properly in the first place, changing reeds alon probably will never be a cause for rejetting. :confused:

well...i use rad valve and notice a great power change everywhere in the powerbrand with a better throttle response.One of my friends use v-force with the same mods as me and i'm 1 bike lenght front of him.Before i put my boyesen i wasnt able to go full throttle on the 6 gear(in quebec its the winter and i got ams zipper that when youre going fast they nearby hit the fenders)now with the boyesen i can go full throttle on 6 speed.YES my banshee isn't really a hp monster but i need it reliable because i take it everyday and...everytime FULL THROTTLE!!! :wink: but i think boysen is a good rad valve, this summer i'm going to do a dyno of my bike and see how much increase i got(before my boyesen i was having 48 hp)