Which is Better: Twist throttle or Thumb?

BeemerGee

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone ever tried a snowmobile throttle?

you use more of your palm then your thumb

its a half cup shape that is squeezed over the grip

I was wondering the same thing a while back. I had that style throttle of my Sea Doo, and I loved it, there was no fatigue even after we rode for 6-8 hours in some rough parts of the bay. I haven't found anyone that makes one, and I havent been feeling up to the engineering challenege, I'd love to see one though, I thinkt hat would be the best bet.

I was wondering the same thing a while back. I had that style throttle of my Sea Doo, and I loved it, there was no fatigue even after we rode for 6-8 hours in some rough parts of the bay. I haven't found anyone that makes one, and I havent been feeling up to the engineering challenege, I'd love to see one though, I thinkt hat would be the best bet.

i wouldnt think it be all that difficult, seeing as sleds mostly come with twin cylinders/carbs.

shouldnt be all that bad adapting the cable over...

there is alot of these throttles on EBAY

i wouldnt think it be all that difficult, seeing as sleds mostly come with twin cylinders/carbs.

shouldnt be all that bad adapting the cable over...

there is alot of these throttles on EBAY

Hmmm, that might be an interesting project to try. Maybe one of these days.

• 3 months later...

I only use twist. I hate thumbs. They (twist) can get you a bad pump and be nasty if you arent used to em though. No one is better than the other, its personal preference. With a twist you get bad pump rockin your wrist back and fourth in a clintch, but you have a full hard grip, on a thumb your thumb can get tired and your only holdin on the the bars with an open 4 fingers on one side.

• 3 weeks later...

I am partial to the twist throttle. I have driven dirtbikes and streetbikes all my life and I just like the twist better. It's all what you et used to, I dont think there's much difference.

And with all the people who say a twist is more dangerous etc... I am sick of hearing it. What do you think they use on mx dirtbikes and crotch rockets anyways? Just because you don't have enough skill to operate a twist throttle doesnt make them dangerous and a bad idea for a banshee. I love my twisty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...