Which is Better: Twist throttle or Thumb?

BeemerGee

Hi guys, i want to know what do the pro's use, cause i get told not to change to twist cause its dangerous.

But when i'm out racing for hours my thumb feels like it's going to fall off, and my complete left side of my body is numb.

What do you use on your shee's?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's purely preference. Most people will tell you not to because of how far you turn the bars and lean on an atv where as on a bike you're leaning and staying for the most part in line with everything. The banshee can get away from you if you turn and lean to far to the opposite side and goose the throttle, I've never personally used a twist on any 4 wheeler before so I can't tell you my personally opinion on it. I was thinking about trying it though because of how stiff my thumb throttle pull is.

Its pretty tricky, big difference between the two. My buddy has a twist on his shee and he let me ride it. It blows hard in the whoops (might be because i havent ridden a twist throttle before) but the combination of hanging on and giving it STEADY gas isnt that much fun.

Its pretty much preference tho. Im sure if you tried it out you could get used to it

I grew up riding bike's and would never switch to a thumb. It's all in what you are used to but I like the idea of controling the throttle with my whole hand rather then just my thumb. If you get a twist go with a whirl pool 1/4 twist kit

Its mainly preference... I race both quads and bikes.... on a bike twist throttle is so much easier because you ride with you body. On a quad id never put a twist throttle on, mainly because your just hangin on to the bars when you turn. Maybe try and find a cheap twist throttle of ebay to try it out or something. And arm pump will go away the more you ride and learn to relax :thumbsup:

Its mainly preference... I race both quads and bikes.... on a bike twist throttle is so much easier because you ride with you body. On a quad id never put a twist throttle on, mainly because your just hangin on to the bars when you turn. Maybe try and find a cheap twist throttle of ebay to try it out or something. And arm pump will go away the more you ride and learn to relax :thumbsup:

I agree 100%, I love my turbo twist(1/4 turn to full), but on my other bike that I'm building I'm going to go with a Cascade thumb lever, I don't ride often, so when I do, arm pump is awlays a problem. The twist definately takes some getting used to though. I would also look into the casacde thumb throttle too.

Terry cable dual gasser. BOTH twis and thumb combo its awesome

You got a link for that? I've heard of them before, but I was never really sure how it worked. I'm guessing that one throttle is "locked", so it can't be moved, while the other is in use. I wouldn't mind giving one a shot.

The way it was described in the auction it seemed as if you could adjust on the fly. As your thumb got tired you could swap over to the twist. The transition would be alittle odd I'm sure to some one used to one or the other.

If I had the extra cash I'd definately pick one up. It's not that high on my priorities list though, as far as my next mods go.

not at all. you can lock the twist. when you want the twist you dont even realize your thumb throttle. Dude its money well spent. plus the thumb throttle is all better on arm pump

Yeah, looks pretty cool, that might be one of those later rather then sooner things though, $120 is a little out of my ballpark after buying hiper wheels and shocks. Do you just run a regular banshee throttle cable with that?