Diesel Exhaust

i dont have a duramax but ive got 2 cummins.

my 01 has a no name brand full 4" exhaust. i think i paid 350 for it. i know those name brand ones are ridiculously priced. my 01 has a BD chip, works pretty well..

my 05 cummins has the edge with attitude monitor. its a sweet setup. you can adjust everything on the go and the power increase is unreal. since my 05 already had a full 4" exhaust i just cut out the muffler and ran straight pipe thru for a little better sound. i dont wanna take the cat out because i roadtrip this truck and dont want it too fuckin loud..

What year Dmax do you have? Give me a ring and i will tell you the good the bad and the ugly low down. I have had 3 of them. Good Trucks! Luv my 06, it runs mid 13s and gets 21mpg.

I dont have a diesel, but from what I have seen on trucks TV and other shows, looks like Banks, and Bullydog are tough to beat in diesel performance. Pipes, chips, propane injection, those companies have it all. :thumbsup:

I dont have a diesel, but from what I have seen on trucks TV and other shows, looks like Banks, and Bullydog are tough to beat in diesel performance. Pipes, chips, propane injection, those companies have it all. :thumbsup:

bully dog exhaust and edge chip Ihave installed both on chevys you also want to get a aem brute force air intake

Edited by dishman

Actually had some trouble with Edge stuff lately on Dmaxs. Alot of people talking on diesel forums and a friends of mine also having glitches with them where the truck just dies when you least expect it. :sad:

I would go with one of the exhaust systems off Ebay. I will be getting 4" straight for my truck in the spring and it's only going to cost $275 US for aluminized, or i can even get stainless for about $325(I drive a CTD). Either straight pipe, or high flow muffler. I'm not a big fan of Flow Master, etc for Diesels because they are prices way to high for the same thing any other brand will do. As Loco said go with the no name brand's, don't pay just for the name. Banks Diesel Performance, sure it helps with performance, but there are better chips, programmers, boost elbows, exhausts, etc out there for cheaper! Look around some and see what you can find.

Dinner

Edited by Dinner

MBRP has one of the best fits. Straight piping the stocker is not really what you want unless you want people to think your part of the Dukes of Hazzard crowd... nice and loud with no real benefit on pipe sizing. The idea is to step up a little to help flow. Also, you don't generally want to just dump 4" out of the turbo; you want it stepped, so 3.5" out of the turbo, then into 4" a little farther down will yield the best flow. Removing the cat really helps out so keep that in mind.

Don't worry much about it, just find a good kit that will take care of all that for you, like MBRP. Banks is decent but definitely OVERPRICED.

I would check with Jeff. I have driven his truck and it is just insane! Not only that but he has had several different combinations of programmers and pipes on his trucks. BTW, Jeff, nice black marks out on the highway. I think Jackson County should pay you for repaving it!

Cody didnt think it would drive sideways in 4th gear! Had to prove it. :whistling: lol

I got the diablo sport preditor tuner on my 05 cummins and I love it depending on how I drive I gets between 20.5-23 mpg and tire smoking power! Ask theshee it runs hard.

It runs hard for dang sure.... I just grin when I ride in that truck. I wonder if those bums you "smoked" on the corner are breathing clean air yet... LOL damn that was funny. :yelrotflmao:

Ive got an 05 chevy. I got a good deal on banks 4" exhaust and a banks six gun programmer so thats what I have. There are a lot of choices in programmers it just depends how much power you want and how much you want to spend. MBRP makes a good exahust kit, we put one on my dads ford and it was nice. Your first hurdle will be the transmission and torque converter when you start making a lot of power. I cant put my banks on level 6 anymore without slipping the transmission.

Dave