tire changer

supercoop

They work, but they are a BEAR to use. The service station down the street from me had one they would leave outside chained up, so in case you needed to change a tire when they were closed you could. I used to change tires by hand, but I gave up after I hurt my back a efw months ago.

Make friends with someone at a service station, they have the hydraulic? ones, and they work like a charm.

You dont need anything that fancy to dismount stuff. I use a home made pile of shit and two little tiny car springs to put the tire on the wheel. I have yet to find something I can mount either. Kinda seems like a waste of $$ to me, mine couldnt have cost more the 5 bucks in scrap metal.

i dont think its all that bad, i have one just like that and it worked perfectly fine to break the beads when taking off my RAZR's. In the pic there, the tire is just on top, to break the bead it would be on the ground which isnt shown on the pic. I got mine from harbor freight for $40 and so far i already got my money out of it since my local dealer charges $20 a wheel.

I got mine from harbor freight for $40 and so far i already got my money out of it since my local dealer charges $20 a wheel.

Harbor Freight = Overpiced Flea Market, They sell nothing but junk tools, I tried to save a few bucks from them, and I bought a high-lift knock off jack. It damn near killed me when I tried to use it on my truck, I won't buy anything from those dirt merchants ever again.

$20 per wheel? I always knew the dealer doesn't give reacharounds but still? I bring them down to the service station by my house, give the guy $10 cash, and he'll do 4 of them for me. I'd try doing that instead.

i dont think its all that bad, i have one just like that and it worked perfectly fine to break the beads when taking off my RAZR's. In the pic there, the tire is just on top, to break the bead it would be on the ground which isnt shown on the pic. I got mine from harbor freight for $40 and so far i already got my money out of it since my local dealer charges $20 a wheel.

same here only $30 per... one tire went great & 1 well, lets say not so good ...would have been pissed if it wasn't my stockers I'll use it again

go with a nac's bead breaker and get 2 decent tire irons. It'll work as good as any machine you buy.

It's completely portable and takes up no room whatsoever.

I cant count how many times I've changed tires out on the road with it. From changing tires out, to getting a big tear in your sidewall that you have to patch, its a great tool to have on hand and worth every penny and then some.

What you gonna do the next time you're out riding and need to patch something, or you only have one set of rims and wanna change tires, or anything you could think of that you gotta pull the tire off the rim?

and go with the Nac's one, the other one's are pieces of junk that you see on ebay

Edited by .