SHEE'S ALIVE! 421 Cub.

J-Madd

Squish clearance 0.045'', compression 180 psi, ring gap is ok, +5 timing, crankcase pressure test is ok. I've ran a couple heat cycles, just making sure I've covered everything before I ride. This is my first time installing a crank. BTW I installed new crank seals and a max load bearing, and running 108 octane Klotz gas.

Thanks.

Squish clearance 0.045'', compression 180 psi, ring gap is ok, +5 timing, crankcase pressure test is ok. I've ran a couple heat cycles, just making sure I've covered everything before I ride. This is my first time installing a crank. BTW I installed new crank seals and a max load bearing, and running 108 octane Klotz gas.

Thanks.

Nothing to it. Just make sure you have the bearing pins seated in the right place. Good luck!

Edited by jmd0346

Hell yes, throw some timing on her and let it rip.

Did you get an override tranny too, or JUST a lockup?

Very similar to my old 4mil, but I had 35PWKs. You're gonna love that bike!

With a 6 over, it's gonna be fun....

I heat cycled mine a few times, a couple rips on it, and straight to the dyno....and just beat the tar out of it all year.

Hell yes, throw some timing on her and let it rip.

Did you get an override tranny too, or JUST a lockup?

Very similar to my old 4mil, but I had 35PWKs. You're gonna love that bike!

With a 6 over, it's gonna be fun....

I heat cycled mine a few times, a couple rips on it, and straight to the dyno....and just beat the tar out of it all year.

JUST a lockup; no override. I hope I don't regret that. With +7 timing will it overheat if I just ride around while not drag racing (trail riding)........I know trail riding is not what I built it for; but it'll happen every once in a while.

Nothing to it. Just make sure you have the bearing pins seated in the right place. Good luck!

Not sure what you mean by bearing pins. The c-clips are in the grooves in the case, if that' s what you mean. The crank didn't have those pins in the middle like the stocker. I'm sure it's all together correctly. I followed the Clymer's, but I have a bad habit of drinking a few too many Miller Lite's when I work on it. When I know I've had too many, I work on something simple, like throttle cable installation, instead of piston c-clip installation :rolleyes:

Thanks

JUST a lockup; no override. I hope I don't regret that. With +7 timing will it overheat if I just ride around while not drag racing (trail riding)........I know trail riding is not what I built it for; but it'll happen every once in a while.

YOu might regret that, since it's going to be harder to pull the clutch when the RPMS are up there.

Temps should be fine, use engine ice....but, you already know it's not a trail machine...:)

yeah you will be ordering a override for sure. my bike would not shift with my cub and it was only on gas and no lock up at the time. bike looks good though man. have fun with it!

Ditto here....badass will atest.

It's a lot of fun...but slowing down...waiting to shift, etc., is no fun!!

I had 5 or 6 people ride my bike at the track and dunes, and they all said the same thing, how do you shift this thing?

My answer, often, I don't....:)

I'm not saying you can't shift, but....clutch pull will be VERY tough...you're basically fighting the springs AND the weights of the plate...which is why you put in on in the first place.

It is my opinion that a lockup and dunable override should go hand in hand.

That way, you can bang gears with NO clutch at high RPMs, or...drive it like a normal tranny.

With a cub, you gotta do something. I had a FAST Clutch and 6HD springs in mine, stock clutch stock tranny...and it shifted like absolute poop.

You're putting double to triple the HP that tranny was designed to handle from the factory...somethin's gotta give.