A arms w/ yfz shocks

bertski077

i have a delema. i dont got 600 for sandragon n i can barely get 550 for quicksand. i called asr and they said that the shock would fit but they were concerned about the heim joint binding bc the shock is taller then a banshee shock. and if the bike sits 1 inch higher how is that going to affect my handling on the mx track? thanks. Ben

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After just seeing newly installed ASR arms (yamaha04's) in person, I really dont think they will accomadate YFZ shocks, I dont think they'd bolt right up on the bottom(unless you get out the grinder) and it looks like they'd rub the back side of the upper a-arms, as the YFZ shocks are alot fatter than stock banshees.

I think ASR is trying to make a sale, telling you that they'd bolt right on..

i will have to agree with toomeysheele. i just put a set on and they are the shit other then the coating is kinda think and comes of easly. i think the shock will rub. its not that close but i think its alittle to close for comfort. they are pretty cheap thowe 328$ on ebay. so with the extra money you could save up alittle more and get some shocks

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

i will have to agree with toomeysheele. i just put a set on and they are the shit other then the coating is kinda think and comes of easly. i think the shock will rub. its not that close but i think its alittle to close for comfort. they are pretty cheap thowe 328$ on ebay. so with the extra money you could save up alittle more and get some shocks

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

isnt there a few diff. designs of them though? if you take a look at the ones that are 400$ it looks like the upper a arm has a different design in the back towards the rear of it. and also yeah i would get out the grinder i dont care as long as what im grinding wont effect the strenght of the a arm itself

isnt there a few diff. designs of them though? if you take a look at the ones that are 400$ it looks like the upper a arm has a different design in the back towards the rear of it. and also yeah i would get out the grinder i dont care as long as what im grinding wont effect the strenght of the a arm itself

well i know the arms he had posted on ebay for a banhsee that i got didnt look anything like the ones a accualy got.he sells so many arms for different bike he probably uses the same pic for most of them. i will measere how far away my shock is from the arm

how bout suckin a dick cuz im puttin myself through college???

well maybe you shouldn't buy the arms at all since your puting yourselft though college. no offence dude but squish was just trying to help you out. you dont have to be a dick about it.

Edited by yamaha04

how bout suckin a dick cuz im puttin myself through college???

Wow what college do you attend? Seriously, saving money in a most inconvenient way is sometimes not always the best way. I put money in a can and write on the lid what the savings is for. This will help urges to draw from it and help only to put more into it. It is well worth the wait.

Wow what college do you attend? Seriously, saving money in a most inconvenient way is sometimes not always the best way. I put money in a can and write on the lid what the savings is for. This will help urges to draw from it and help only to put more into it. It is well worth the wait.

Generally people have savings accounts in a bank. That way your money grows interest instead of just gathering dust in a jar. j/k :yelrotflmao:

It seems to me people are asking 180-300 for these stock yfz shocks. I see works BANSHEE shocks on ebay all the time in the 100 dollar range.. Why not get a shock made for your bike? Everyone is so dead set on integrating other bike components, sure it'll work but how good? I'm just giving you an honest opinion, I don't think the yfz shocks are worth it for what most people are selling them for if you can find a decent set of works.

Goodluck with it, I hope it works for you.

It seems to me people are asking 180-300 for these stock yfz shocks. I see works BANSHEE shocks on ebay all the time in the 100 dollar range.. Why not get a shock made for your bike? Everyone is so dead set on integrating other bike components, sure it'll work but how good? I'm just giving you an honest opinion, I don't think the yfz shocks are worth it for what most people are selling them for if you can find a decent set of works.

Goodluck with it, I hope it works for you.

I would tend to agree with you about the price of yfz450 shocks. I wouldn't have them on any of my bikes if I hadn't gotten them for free and am too cheap to do anything else. :thumbsup: