A arms w/ yfz shocks

bertski077

I'm still confused as to what the problem is exactly, or at least what the cause of the problem is? There are a ton of people here who are running +2+1 arms and the yfz 450 shocks without any problems (I think I'm one of them).

i wasnt alking abou the shocks not working i was talking abou the tie rods. i though mine where to long aswell as he did and didnt think they where going to work but you just need to adjust everything. sorry its so hard to explain without pics. maybe im on drugs and read to post wrong. ? lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I gathered, he has std. travel a arms so the shock mounting position is stock on the lower a arm. The yfz shocks are longer then std. travel shocks. So when fully extended the shocks allow the a arms to hang down too low putting his tie rods at an unuseable angle..

Atleast that's what i think he means in so many words, which is the only thing that makes sense to me. :unsure:

Edited by Trick2stroke

Well god damn you all, all to hell!!! with no pics for me to see them all hooked up :beer: Hurry i need to see.

From what I gathered, he has std. travel a arms so the shock mounting position is stock on the lower a arm. The yfz shocks are longer then std. travel shocks. So when fully extended the shocks allow the a arms to hang down too low putting his tie rods at an unuseable angle..

Atleast that's what i think he means in so many words, which is the only thing that makes sense to me. :unsure:

Yep thats it in a nut shell. So if I have the bottom A arm mounting moved it should work? hmmm Anyone know how much? Its that or new shocks. :ermm:

Yep thats it in a nut shell. So if I have the bottom A arm mounting moved it should work? hmmm Anyone know how much? Its that or new shocks. :ermm:

I am still not exactly sure what your tie rod problem is. I understand the outboard tir od is hitiing some or doesn't connect to the upright. My question is the following: what's different about you bike than other peoples?

In my previous post I was asking if you had +2+1 arms or just +2 arms, thinking that if the arms are not mover +1 forward, the tie rods may hit something. However, people are running yfz450 shocks with stock a-arms, so my previous thought may not make sense. :thumbsup:

I am still not exactly sure what your tie rod problem is. I understand the outboard tir od is hitiing some or doesn't connect to the upright. My question is the following: what's different about you bike than other peoples?

Maybe the joint combo on his particular arms allow the YFZ shocks to fully extend without binding. That extra inch or some may cause some issues?

Maybe the joint combo on his particular arms allow the YFZ shocks to fully extend without binding. That extra inch or some may cause some issues?

My joint combo gives me full travel out of my shocks and I don't have a tie rod end problem. :confused:

My joint combo gives me full travel out of my shocks and I don't have a tie rod end problem. :confused:

Hey guys, for a start sorry for stealing this thread. I did order +2+1's and I'm sure that is what they sent. I'll post pics as soon as I've set it all back up to the way I think it should be and let you guys have a look. I've had the front end off about 3 times already this arvo trying different things. Just hope I am doing something wrong and you guys can pick it up. :shrug:

Thanks for the input so far.

Hey guys, for a start sorry for stealing this thread. I did order +2+1's and I'm sure that is what they sent. I'll post pics as soon as I've set it all back up to the way I think it should be and let you guys have a look. I've had the front end off about 3 times already this arvo trying different things. Just hope I am doing something wrong and you guys can pick it up. :shrug:

Thanks for the input so far.

Pictures are definitely going to help us help you fix it. :thumbsup:

Pictures are definitely going to help us help you fix it. :thumbsup:

No kidding where's them damn pics already :rolleyes::whistling:

Yeah, we should have already seen the pictures and solved the problem by now. :biggrin:

Yup Yup....us west coast boys that are still up this late want to see :yelrotflmao: :banghead:

Edited by savage420

Yup Yup....us west coast boys that are still up this late want to see :yelrotflmao: :banghead:

The damn peacock that lives in my yuppy apartment complex is running around making making a shit load of noise. It woke me up and now I can't go back to sleep. :banghead: