A arms w/ yfz shocks

bertski077

The damn peacock that lives in my yuppy apartment complex is running around making making a shit load of noise. It woke me up and now I can't go back to sleep. :banghead:

Pick it off with a pellet gun or even better>>>> :whoops:

Off topic ^^^^ F@#( it :ninja:

Back to the "whar ar them thar piks maan EH!!!" :laugh: :beer:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dam it I cant seem to post the first few pics. Could i email them to anyone? Really need help now. I started from scratch again. I adjusted everything exactly the same and there is more clearence on one side then the other!! The other half is getting pissed because im spending more time with the bike then her. lol Hence the delayed reply. They just dont realise do they! lol

yep a new post was started for it. "Bairdy13 and the a-arm/tie rod issue. "

:ermm: Question. For camber u measure bottom to bottom of wheel then top to top and there should be about 1 inch less on top right. With caster the top of the spindle should sit 4.5 deg behind the bottom of the spindle (about 1/3 of an inch). Is that right? and you adjust that by the 2 heim's on the top arm? Everything you do to one side you do to the other and it should be a mirror image. I know this may be common dog for most of you but I thought If I start from scratch ill find the prob. Instead im running into more. :shoothead:

Al

Edited by Bairdy13

yep a new post was started for it. "Bairdy13 and the a-arm/tie rod issue. "

:ermm: Question. For camber u measure bottom to bottom of wheel then top to top and there should be about 1 inch less on top right. With caster the top of the spindle should sit 4.5 deg behind the bottom of the spindle (about 1/3 of an inch). Is that right? and you adjust that by the 2 heim's on the top arm? Everything you do to one side you do to the other and it should be a mirror image. I know this may be common dog for most of you but I thought If I start from scratch ill find the prob. Instead im running into more. :shoothead:

Al

Yeah you have the camber measurement technique correct. I single rib, front sand tires makes this process really easy. Otherwise you have to measure for the par part of a tread block or somthing like that. I wind up forgetting what part of the tread I was mearing from when I switch from top to bottom or side to side, but that problem could certainly be alleviated by marking the tire with chalk.

Caster is adjusted with the two inner heims on the upper a-arm. I don't know off the top of my head what the setting is supposed to be. 4.5 degrees sounds like a good number, but like I said, I am not sure. Maybe one of these other guys know. Let me know if you want me to try and find the OEM figure. You want to do your best to mirror what you do on what side with the other. You have to be careful if you are doing this by counting threads on heims as frame and a-arm manufacturing variances can make this methid not as accurate as you might like, thus sticking to the tape measre and/or angle gauge is always best (common sense comes in handy as well. :thumbsup:

Ok cool, it sounds like I have the right idea then. I'm using digital calipers to make sure the adjustments are the same. My prob atm is that when setting the 2 top adjusters on the top arm the same, the top left arm is sitting lower the top right arm giving less room on the heim's therefor more negative camber on the left hand side. if that makes sence. If you could get me the correct oem for the caster that would be great! :beer:

I couldn't find what the OEM camber setting is. Probably because it's non-adjustable from the factory.

Here's what I would do:

For trail riding I would set it a 0 degrees.

For MX racing and general fooling around I would put it between 3 and 4 degrees.

For the sand I would put it back even further to 6 or 7 degrees.

(This all assuming that you have a stock to +4 swing arm. If you have something other than that, you may have to fool around with it to get it where you like it.)