A arms w/ yfz shocks

bertski077

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is interest?

Definition as provided by www.dictionary.com:

14. Finance. a. a sum paid or charged for the use of money or for borrowing money.

b. such a sum expressed as a percentage of money borrowed to be paid over a given period, usually one year.

:biggrin:

I would tend to agree with you about the price of yfz450 shocks. I wouldn't have them on any of my bikes if I hadn't gotten them for free and am too cheap to do anything else. :thumbsup:

Maybe if everyone stoped overhyping them and paying those rediculous prices for stock grade parts! I wouldn't pay more then 80 dollars for a pair. Any more then that and you're pushing into the used works price range.

Maybe if everyone stoped overhyping them and paying those rediculous prices for stock grade parts! I wouldn't pay more then 80 dollars for a pair. Any more then that and you're pushing into the used works price range.

I agree. You have to be careful with some of those Works shocks that are out there though. Some of them that I have seen are pretty beat up. :thumbsup:

yeah i was looking for a pair of works shocks but i paid 250 for the yfz and they are brand new pretty much...if i had found a DECENT looking pair of works for 250 i would have jumped on them. but i couldnt find them or dint have the money at the time. so i hope it works and if it doesnt i guess im either goin to return the a arms or get different shocks?

yeah i was looking for a pair of works shocks but i paid 250 for the yfz and they are brand new pretty much...if i had found a DECENT looking pair of works for 250 i would have jumped on them. but i couldnt find them or dint have the money at the time. so i hope it works and if it doesnt i guess im either goin to return the a arms or get different shocks?

The thing that I have found to be frustrating in the used shock market is that you have to trust the person selling them as to what they were actually setup for. For instance, they would need to know what sort of suspension they have, their weight at the time of purchase, riding style, etc. That is a challenge for alot of folks selling shocks on eBay especially if they bought the shocks at a dealer and had them installed there or they were not the first owner of the shocks. :confused:

:cool: Hey guys, I just received my asr +2+1 Pro star plus (the $400 pair) they sent them on the 16th and I got them in Australia on the 20th!!! I also got hold of some 05 yfz450 shocks for 260AUS and I tell you they are as if they were never on the bike in the first place. Anyway my point is that there is no mods needed to the a-arms, the only thing you need to do is grind down the top shock mount as described here http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47969 . At full travel there is a good 5/8 inch at the closest point to the a arm. All I have to do is adjust the caster and camber. If anyone has some good advise on setting it up for trail let me know. I'll let you know the overall ride hight difference to shock when I'm done. :beer:

:cool: Hey guys, I just received my asr +2+1 Pro star plus (the $400 pair) they sent them on the 16th and I got them in Australia on the 20th!!! I also got hold of some 05 yfz450 shocks for 260AUS and I tell you they are as if they were never on the bike in the first place. Anyway my point is that there is no mods needed to the a-arms, the only thing you need to do is grind down the top shock mount as described here http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47969 . At full travel there is a good 5/8 inch at the closest point to the a arm. All I have to do is adjust the caster and camber. If anyone has some good advise on setting it up for trail let me know. I'll let you know the overall ride hight difference to shock when I'm done. :beer:

Sweet man, do you have an updateon that set up? Im planning on getting those same arms and i allready run the yfz shocks ....Any more info or pics of them on the SHEE? Post them up.

Chris

Sweet man, do you have an updateon that set up? Im planning on getting those same arms and i allready run the yfz shocks ....Any more info or pics of them on the SHEE? Post them up.

Chris

Hey Chris, yeah I will get that for you though you may need to wait untill the weekend, snowed under with work at the moment :mad: . So if you can wait for a few more days that wont be a problem.

Al :thanks:

Hey guys, ASR ended up sending me the wrong tie rods. I flew home today thinking sweet there here, I should be able to ride tomorrow. Well the good thing is that there is no problem with the shocks or the a arms, they have plenty of clearence and the hemi's are fine! The Bad part is that the tie rods are not going to work :banghead: with the wheels off the ground the spindle's hit the ends on the tierod, I gave a mate a call and he brought his longer tie rods around with the shock ball joints....even worse! Thats not all, if you try to turn with wheels off the ground the tie rod hits the botton a arm brackets (to much travle) and they hit the top a arm.

Sorry for jumping the gun on my previous reply, I was just excited that they actually fitted, pitty I didnt wait for the bigger picture. Sorry for building up your hopes Chris and I hope you didnt order.

Well the plan now is to find some more shocks and get rid of the 450's. Anyone know if the the works duel rate no ressis are any good? or another alternative with out breaking the bank to much.

Well now everyone knows ASR and YFZ 450 is a no go. :down:

Edited by Bairdy13

Yeah, +2 banshee arms aren't going to have the proper shock mounting position to use that length of shock. The dual rate works valved for your application will be far better then the yfz shocks.

The Works shocks should be great for that application.

I am a bit confused as to why +2 arms don't work with the yfz450 shock. Is it because the arms are not +2 out and +1 forward? :confused: