Hey Everyone A little help please

Hey everyone..I belong to another message boards and one of my friends (rides a 450r) is always bad mouthing banshees and he is really startin to peeve me off because he thinks he knows everything..so i am turnin to you guyz for some help to put him in his place..Here is what ticked me off today haha

Re: Banshee vs YFZ 450?

Reply #30 - Today at 12:28pm Ok this is very simple, banshee is good for drags, and only drags....and even at that they can't get traction on anything else the dry pavement.

IF the banshee was as good as some people think it is, don't you think the top pro's would know this and use them in all forms of racing? Banshee good for trails??? come one guys, go to a XC race, and check how many banshee's there are compaired to the YFZ's, Do the same at a MX or anyother type of race....NO ONE races banshee's....ever except drags :rolleyes:

Can you's help me prove him wrong? It would be much appreciated..any ideas..pics..articles anything

Thanks Aleesun

I agree there is nothin quite like the power of the banshee..has such a great rush to it..I as well am only in it for the fun of the ride.. but wouldn't mind tryin out a few mx tracks this summer :biggrin:

Do an internet search on Pont De Veux and the Pikes Peak hill climb. Nothing touches the banshee's in those races.

Dude you read my mind. Don't forget Baja 1000, Dyno Dean had more wins on a Banshee than any other quad EVER has.

I've raced and won in TT and desert/harescrambles on a Banshee. This year I moved up to the Expert class in AMA District 45, NMDRC (desert racing series). I might not smoke all of 'em (some of these guys are extremely talented and could win on a TRX90, others have virtually unlimited funding and I ain't no trust fund punk), but I'll damn sure be competitive. So to say "NO ONE races banshee's....ever except drags" is just plain wrong...

the only reason you see all the 450's at the races is because they are the "newest" thing and that's what the factories want to push. so the factory rider's are going to ride what the factories pay them to ride. a banshee can be set up to run in any situation... AND WIN.

you think that the only reason you see all the 450's at the races is because they are the newest thing ?

i think its because they are just better at racing then a banshee with a 20 year old design . not taking anything a way from the banshee , i love mine but if i was to start racing it wouldnt be on a banshee , 450s have way better suspension and geometry , and bottom end power that you never get out of a banshee ,

i race motorcross and i got rid of my cr 250 and got a crf450 , not because all the factories are pushing them , just because they are faster , turn better and get traction out of corners , and i put down alot faster lap times on a 4 poke .

i will agree some type of racing suit the banshee , desert racing , hill climb , drag , but a banshee is not for everone , it take alot of aftermarket parts and money to get the suspension right on a banshee . i have ohlins front shocks +2 a arms and pep rear and it doesnt handle a good as my brothers stock trx 450.

just my 2 cents

Edited by woodro77

A banshee can be setup for anything. My bike was all stock 6 months ago and I was thinking about getting a 450. I wasn't sure how good I could get my banshee to handle. I really didn't want to get a 450 either. I am very happy with the results I don't regret 1 penny of the money I spent on it. I love the way it handles and it hooks up really good. I love it when people stare at my bike and are like "look at that banshee" to their buddies. Everyone has a 450 here and rarely do I see another banshee. I haven't even seen another banshee that had an aftermarket front end here. Everyone just has pipes.

Edited by Hollister_Hitman

You do have to remember the experience and skill of the rider effects your performance more than anything. You could put an unexperienced rider on the best quad in the world and he still wouldn't win. You gotta know how to handle your beast. I smoke all my friends on there 450's riding on trails and dunes with my Banshee but I have been riding for a lot longer than them, so I know how to read the terrain better.