Whats they best paddle and size for draging

J-WELDO

Ive got it bored over .30 ported and polished V-force 3 reeds .400 spacers mikuni flat slide 35.5mm boost bottle procircuit platinum pipes 304 silencers adjustable timing and big stator hinson basket and fibers and on the sand my wifes 07 yfz450 stock kills it off the linebut about midway through I get her but I got to work for it plz help! :rolleyes:

To add on to what I said above, With your mods you should be walking allllll over a stock 450. You should really be running a +6 swinger at the most for your mods. Your killing yourself on traction with a +12. Maybe one of the drag guys can verify that or I might be completely wrong...

holy crap!!! a +12 . you way over did it. ive got more mods than you and im only running a +6. im in the same boat,thinking of going 10 paddle or change gearing. if your going to drag go to a 8 inch rim,you'll float better on top end.

my mods--- shaved head .30--timing plate---f.a.s.t. clutch---bored .40 over----+6 swingarm---shaved reed cages--skat haulers 22-10--8 8 paddle

Ive got it bored over .30 ported and polished V-force 3 reeds .400 spacers mikuni flat slide 35.5mm boost bottle procircuit platinum pipes 304 silencers adjustable timing and big stator hinson basket and fibers and on the sand my wifes 07 yfz450 stock kills it off the linebut about midway through I get her but I got to work for it plz help! :rolleyes:

You don't have anywhere close to needing that much swinger a +4 maybe and use your curent paddles and gear the thing corectly.It will be way quicker.

I agree. A +4 is plenty for your mods. You would need a 14 paddle to get that swingarm to hook up and would just hammer on your top end.

i use a lone star +4 with 21x12x8 8 paddle haulers and my mods are aggressive dune port, timing advanced 6 hinson clutch components with fzr fibers, coolhead with20cc domes.

I think you need some haulers on some 8 inch rims because 10 is a lot heavier. For your mods you listed i think 8 paddles will do because like stated above the more paddles you have the more it kills the top end speed, unless you have the motor to pull with all those paddles.

hope this helps some.

I would be wondering why the 450 is getting you. I raced 1 said he had never been beat. I carry 100 lbs more than him. didnt have any problems beating him. sand drag 10 paddle 6lb air in rear.

easy, take off in third if you can pull it.

4 to 6 over arm, 8 or 9 paddle haulers. You're pushing about 1/2 the HP you need to be for that long an arm.

I'd bet you have the stock shock on that 12 over, too...that thing probably drops like a slinky when you gas it, losing a lot of your holeshot inertia right there.

Get some real pipes, if you wanna drag race/dune. PC are good trail and modest duning pipes, you need CPI or Shearers for some real top end pull.

Who did your porting, and what kind of porting is it?

How tall are your paddles, what gearing are you using, and what gear are you starting out in (launching? )